Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: The Pros & Cons of Michael Bay - discussion topic

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    Look at the chase through the carpark where Marky Mark and Tess and the man with the underage girlfriend drive off the top of the complex and onto a perfectly positioned ramp.

Are we meant to assume he knew it was there? Did he set it up earlier? He mentioned that Tessa was a good team member - had they driven around that abandoned industrial complex before? What is happening? Why does Michael Bay get to keep making movies?
    not saying that I love bay, I don't care what he does.

but in that scene, before the jump, don't they say something akin to "do the thing.." implying that they were indeed about to do something that they had done before. or was I dreaming it subconsciously to make sense of the scene?

Quote Originally Posted by xlojnr View Post

but in that scene, before the jump, don't they say something akin to "do the thing.." implying that they were indeed about to do something that they had done before. or was I dreaming it subconsciously to make sense of the scene?
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's implied that they've done that before. The problem is that it's incredibly easy to miss, which is a fault

Quote Originally Posted by xlojnr View Post

Yes, they did, which is something that isn't entirely that uncommon in a Michael Bay film, or a detail that helps something make sense is just on the screen and not specifically called out. I think its one of his strengths, not spelling out everything in minute detail. It means that if you don't pay attention to the film as your watching it, you will miss stuff. A movie/TV show that spells out absolutely everything is in my opinion extremely boring, especially if it spells out stuff twice or more, once for people paying attention and then a second /third time for those only half watching the film.

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBuyer View Post
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's implied that they've done that before. The problem is that it's incredibly easy to miss, which is a fault
    I don't think it's a fault, it's a feature, see my comment above.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I don't think it is intentional on the part of Bay though, as he is known to be someone who does a lot of script changes to make sure his impulsive action shots take priority, and then add in throw-away lines to explain it... if he even bothers to explain something (as we've seen on those youtube videos that pick out dozens of plot and continuity flaws).

I recently saw someone attempt to defend Age of Extinction by saying that it's art, and compared Michael Bay with Leonardo Da Vinci, Michelangelo and Vincent Van Gogh.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I recently saw someone attempt to defend Age of Extinction by saying that it's art, and compared Michael Bay with Leonardo Da Vinci, Michelangelo and Vincent Van Gogh.
    A troll?

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

morg176 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I hope bay is not involved in any of the subsequent films/spinoffs
    The first movie was good but every movie thereafter has been a considerable disappointment. They keep getting stuff wrong.
    Hope they learn from their mistakes, doubt it though...sigh

What mistakes?
    The movies made a heap of money. Why would they change anything?
    The fans might whinge, but they still buy the tickets, DVDs, Blu-Ray & toys.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonac View Post
    What mistakes?
    I agree 100%....

Quote Originally Posted by Demonac View Post
    What mistakes?
    Quote Originally Posted by janda the red View Post
    I agree 100%....
    Same here. For all that some people say the movies 'get wrong' - and I'm certainly not saying they're perfect - they're clearly doing something right.

It's great that the producers are trying to canvass ideas through this 'writer's room'. We really could see some great ideas coming out of these sessions.