Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: MP Bumblebee Official Pics

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

wrong yellow or how the pic is taken? Looks fine but would preferred lime yellow bee.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still getting it. Just think its a poor effort.

Hoping there will be a v2 one later, or a 3rd party that's more G1 cartoon accurate,, don't really like the look of the vehicle mode on this one ... and that autobot symbol on the chest >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Initial_G View Post
    Hoping there will be a v2 one later, or a 3rd party that's more G1 cartoon accurate,, don't really like the look of the vehicle mode on this one ... and that autobot symbol on the chest >_>
    Perhaps go for Toyworld's Bii then, if you're after a Penny Racer style design. I've got one, and I'll likely be keeping it in car mode for display with MP figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Good to see he's Grid ready, coming with his Tron disc and all
    lol

Not sure how I feel about this MP. Definitely getting him regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by millhouse View Post
    Perhaps go for Toyworld's Bii then, if you're after a Penny Racer style design. I've got one, and I'll likely be keeping it in car mode for display with MP figures.
    Oh! I missed this one!

Looks good! thanks for that tip

Am I missing something here? - What's wrong with his colour & chest's faction symbol?

I think this is the single best Bumblebee release since the G1 Original & Pretender!

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I don't know, like said this looks like the Transformers movie colours than the cartoon version.

I think it's a reasonably decent effort considering what they're trying to achieve (i.e. realistic vehicle w/ cartoon-like robot mode which cheats physics/reality ). But to me... at pre-order discount price (~$50-60), this toy works out to be approx. the same price as a Voyager Class TF, and while I still think it's not quite worth that price, I do feel that it still offers superior value for money than your average Voyager these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Am I missing something here? - What's wrong with his colour & chest's faction symbol?
    Agreed. Especially considering that the chest faction symbol is flippable, which is really cool. Allows for a realistic vehicle mode (that's a superior robot in disguise since it's not driving around with a huge flaming Autobot sigil on its roof!), but still has a chest symbol in robot mode!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    I think this is the single best Bumblebee release since the G1 Original & Pretender!
    I think the Classics Bumblebee mould has been the best so far. At $25-30 it's about half the price of a pre-ordered MP Bumble, but of course with only Deluxe level of engineering (which is about the same as a Voyager these days ). Time will tell if MP Bumble offers double the level of awesome as Deluxe Classicsverse Bumblebee.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I think it's a reasonably decent effort considering what they're trying to achieve (i.e. realistic vehicle w/ cartoon-like robot mode which cheats physics/reality ). But to me... at pre-order discount price (~$50-60), this toy works out to be approx. the same price as a Voyager Class TF, and while I still think it's not quite worth that price, I do feel that it still offers superior value for money than your average Voyager these days.
    Don't forget dude, that Japanese price is also including a fully poseable & transformable Spike in an Exo-suit - I think that makes up the difference value-wise, compared to the other MP Car bots, perfectly.

I think the Classics Bumblebee mould has been the best so far. At $25-30 it's about half the price of a pre-ordered MP Bumble, but of course with only Deluxe level of engineering (which is about the same as a Voyager these days ). Time will tell if MP Bumble offers double the level of awesome as Deluxe Classicsverse Bumblebee.
    I love the '06 Classics Bumblebee too but for me he's more of a Pseudo-G1 Bee; I know what HasTak's intentions were at the time & the limitations imposed on the overall design as a result of Volkswagon's (Western) "NO War Bots" policy of the time - But he still feels like a far enough departure from what Bumblebee looked like in the Comics & Cartoon for me not to include him in my previous 2 member list.