Thread: where to buy transformers

HarveyHuang Guest

Default where to buy transformers

Hi,where do you guys buy transformers in Sydney apart from ebay? Compare to my country, ebay is so expensive.

Kmart, Target, Big W, Uncle Pete's Toys, Toys 'R' Us, Myer, David Jones. For toys not available in Australia, refer to this thread.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Needs to be updated if you can, TFI and premiumcollect.com.au are Australian based and I think worth mentioning.

You may also look at the feedback online store thread.
    Last edited by drifand; 3rd March 2015 at 11:40 AM.

Of the chain stores who tends to get the most diverse range?

I ask because my husband has been looking (in Sydney) and eventually found a whole pile of stuff my son was after in K-Mart of all places... I expected Toys'R'Us to be better but hubby said their range was pretty limited in comparison...

On the plus side he has picked up a a few goodies that sold out/weren't released here that my 7 year old has been after for over a year.

it really depends on when each store gets their stock and which stores get hammered by a higher volume customer turnover.

I prefer Big W as they tend to have the best prices but they are often a month or two behind Target for getting stock.
    K mart are sometimes excellent and sometimes terrible and I'm not convinced their distribution is consistent.
    Myer sometimes (and a fair bit lately) have exclusives but their prices are uncompetitive until they have a sale.
    David Jones Toy section is an afterthought and not worth your trouble. at least that's what I've found in the last 2 years.
    TRU can have some great stuff and some great exclusives but can also be expensive, other times they can have really good prices or really good sales.

Uncle Petes and Toymate tend to carry older stock but sometimes they get in new stuff or stuff we never got here for a great price.
    the Reject Shop occasionally stocks old stuff that didn't sell well for a good price, and sometimes it's items that previously never turned up on Australian shelves.

it's all a bit up and down from time to time.

out of all of the above a store in a particular area with lower customer traffic can have old stock as much as two years old.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)