Page 76 of 183 FirstFirst ... 566671727374757677787980818696 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Venting thread!

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I wouldn't call a fingerprint in the paint minor. Maybe I shouldn't have overreached and mention Windblade.
    Can you use the fingerprint to track who painted it and get them to redo the paint job?

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    Thanks Delta. Power's still off at home, but Ergon are saying tonight, so we'll see. Hope you and the other members in the region made it through okay.
    By the time the cyclone got to Gladstone it only had enough strength left to knock over trees, do a tiny amount of damage to the power grid and knock out both landline and mobile phones for a little while. So don't worry about me at all.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I wouldn't call a fingerprint in the paint minor. Maybe I shouldn't have overreached and mention Windblade.
    It's a matter of perspective, to a collector it may be a deal breaker, but considering what we're discussing is technically a mass produced children's toy, there's an expectation that there will always be a chance of less than perfect - HLJ even state as such on each product page, paint defects are not considered faults with the product....

Missing parts or damage out of the box (or close to, like my Silverbolt that RK is replacing) is a different story altogether...

Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post
    It's a matter of perspective, to a collector it may be a deal breaker, but considering what we're discussing is technically a mass produced children's toy, there's an expectation that there will always be a chance of less than perfect - HLJ even state as such on each product page, paint defects are not considered faults with the product....

Missing parts or damage out of the box (or close to, like my Silverbolt that RK is replacing) is a different story altogether...
    Well that's just bad service. I hear the guys on the Seibertron podcast bitching all the time about bad paint (what they consider bad paint is anything less than perfect) and BBTS replaces figures all the time for them, if BBTS can do it then everyone should.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Just did a check on some of my storage boxes, and a lot of my SCF pvc figures have started to turn sticky Some of the clear guys have a slightly yellow tinge which isn't really noticeable until you put them next to an undamaged one. I thought I was ding a good job of keeping them in good condition... Stupid central QLD heat... :/

Megatran Guest

On ebay, what's the purpose of MAKE OFFER button if the seller automatically rejects the offer below the BIN price. Just have a BIN price.

Quote Originally Posted by TAAUBlaster View Post
    thought I was ding a good job of keeping them in good condition... Stupid central QLD heat... :/
    Humidity is an important factor too. My Star Wars figures from the 70s were all 'sweaty' after being in a bag for decades. Tried stuffing dessicants or dehumidifier into your boxes?
    Recent Acquisitions: MP-53+B Dia Burnout
    (Pre-)ordered: Missing Link C-02
    Wants: Encore Headmasters!

Quote Originally Posted by High_Q View Post
    Humidity is an important factor too. My Star Wars figures from the 70s were all 'sweaty' after being in a bag for decades. Tried stuffing dessicants or dehumidifier into your boxes?
    How did I not think of that before!? Thanks for the tip - I'll definitely look into that Might try that on my TMNT stuff too. They had the same problem :/

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    On ebay, what's the purpose of MAKE OFFER button if the seller automatically rejects the offer below the BIN price. Just have a BIN price.
    I hear your frustration dude.

Cyberverse Rant
    So the other day I was at my local Big-W (which has a very small Transformers range) and noticed an entire rack full of Cyberverse Commander Class Transformers. $5 each, I got Starscream, Bulkhead and Megatron (No OP )
    Anyway, all the weapons broke as soon of out of package except one of Starscreams guns. Megatron sword broke, and Bulkheads 3mm ports snapped and one of Starscreams 3mm ports broke so it is now being used as a sword.
    Next Starscreams wing breaks and Megs leg breaks off at knee. And Bulkheads arms fall off all the time. I've kept them though, Starscreams wing goes back into place pretty easily but I've blu tacked Megs leg on until I get a replacement.

vent/rant over