Page 41 of 71 FirstFirst ... 213136373839404142434445465161 ... LastLast

Thread: The Food Thread - comments and recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    i could go a zinger burger right now
    I was going to, but then went to red rooster instead. I really regretted it Tonight was a shit dinner First world problems.

Just when you thought Pizza Hut couldn't get more creative than their cheese stuffed crust, their hotdog stuffed crust, or their cheeseburger (meatball) crust pizzas, now they have Doritos corn chip encrusted pizza crust.
    Yes, a pizza with corn chips sticking out of its crust like spines on an echidna.
    I don't think it sounds very tasty, but probably looks interesting.

And KFC have their zinger pies back. They are nice, but expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Just when you thought Pizza Hut couldn't get more creative than their cheese stuffed crust, their hotdog stuffed crust, or their cheeseburger (meatball) crust pizzas, now they have Doritos corn chip encrusted pizza crust.
    Yes, a pizza with corn chips sticking out of its crust like spines on an echidna.
    I don't think it sounds very tasty, but probably looks interesting.

And KFC have their zinger pies back. They are nice, but expensive.
    This just made me want Pizza Hut to do a pizza where where the crust is made of KFC Zinger (with supercharged sauce!)

A freind slaughtered a goat and gave us half. I spend 4 1/2 hours roasting a leg-of-goat since it has to be done slow and with moisture. Wa good but very gamey. My wife made the leftovers into a shepherds pie, again good buy gamey. I can see why goat is not one of the most popular meats out there - i think it will be a few weeks before I use some of the diced stuff to make a curry.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    A freind slaughtered a goat and gave us half. I spend 4 1/2 hours roasting a leg-of-goat since it has to be done slow and with moisture. Wa good but very gamey. My wife made the leftovers into a shepherds pie, again good buy gamey. I can see why goat is not one of the most popular meats out there - i think it will be a few weeks before I use some of the diced stuff to make a curry.
    Actually goat is the most eaten meat in the world. But it isn't as popular in Australia. I love a good goat curry, I like the shepherd's pie idea too

A freind slaughtered a goat and gave us half.
    It sounds so wrong, but tastes so good doesn't it.

Did I mention prawn toast
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

I haven't had it much but it's definitely one of those meats that needs to be long and slow cooked.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Goat is nice in an Indian curry.
    I found an Indian place last year on the Sunshine Coast that had Goat on the menu, so I had to try it... and it was really nice and tender. I couldn't taste the Goat though with all the curry, but I liked it enough to have it again and recommend it (if it is cooked long enough).

Quote Originally Posted by mknell View Post
    Actually goat is the most eaten meat in the world. But it isn't as popular in Australia. I love a good goat curry, I like the shepherd's pie idea too
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythirax View Post
    It sounds so wrong, but tastes so good doesn't it.
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I haven't had it much but it's definitely one of those meats that needs to be long and slow cooked.
    Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Goat is nice in an Indian curry.
    I found an Indian place last year on the Sunshine Coast that had Goat on the menu, so I had to try it... and it was really nice and tender. I couldn't taste the Goat though with all the curry, but I liked it enough to have it again and recommend it (if it is cooked long enough).

Well we've had the wife's rellies here for an early Xmas for 4 days and my wife's brother in law is a dab hand with goat, so we did about a kilo of the diced goat as a modified Masala. One of the best curries I've ever had in my life! Cooked it for hours and when finally ready it was so succulent and tasty - the guy said that it was about the best goat meat he's ever worked with too so goes to show getting it straight from the farm pays off.

Simarly, my brother slaughtered a sheep for us and I got the butcher to leave one of the lamb leg roasts whole - so big it barely fit in the oven! But slow roasted it with some rosemary and garlic from our garden and by the end it was just falling off the bone - damn good!

Loving having all these contacts that grow and slaughter their own animals - I just trade them for copious amounts of the veges, herbs and fruit I grow and everyone wins. Nothing beats fresh produce