Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Masterpiece Optimus Primal

More excited about this than Ironhide.

Particularly happy how they've alluded to more than one Beast Wars Masterpiece.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Glad to see you have everyone's (especially BW fans) interests at heart there Trev.
    What? I own a version of the character and said Optimal Optimus might be worth a shot so it's not like I'm a Beast Wars hater. It's like Kurdt said - they should concentrate in finishing one line first - in this case the 400 or so G1 figures left to go

And sorry - but this toy really does look like a big rubber monkey you'd buy in a bargain bin for a toddler

I wish the spent the time and resources on a G1 decepticon instead of that, it looks like a king Kong Sofubi!

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    What? I own a version of the character and said Optimal Optimus might be worth a shot so it's not like I'm a Beast Wars hater. It's like Kurdt said - they should concentrate in finishing one line first - in this case the 400 or so G1 figures left to go

And sorry - but this toy really does look like a big rubber monkey you'd buy in a bargain bin for a toddler
    Nah. I'm thinking Masterpiece should expand into other eras. For instance, who, in their right mind, doesn't want a MP Super-Pants Prime? Imo that is what should have won the fan vote Maybe they should throw in an Animorph or 2...

And of course it looks like it's made of rubber. It looks exactly like the animation model Hopefully we get BW Megs to go with it. Complete with a little rubber ducky accessory
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Watched Beast Wars but not really been a fan of the series...but at least it is Optimus Primal they are doing but if next year they keep on getting these i am not sure how i feel when i pull a rat out of an MP box

If it looks good as a robot, I might be in. If it's not, then I'm out. The original animation model is just too weird and plain for me to care, if the image is anything to go by.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post

Sorry Trev, G1 Masterpieces peaked at Soundwave, it's about time they moved onto a Transformers iteration with... a little more bite.

I have to say, that TakaraTomy is aiming for 2016 to be the "Year of Masterpiece Beast Wars", in honour of Beast Wars' 20th Anniversary, is extremely exciting and that they're starting the ball rolling with a glimpse at this VERY EARLY VINYL PROTOTYPE is awesome!

Like many I've seen express, I'm blown away by the clear aim to be accurate to the original Mainframe Entertainment 3d Models - The teams that worked on that show must be elated on such a different level to we fans, not to mention Garry Chalk finally getting a Masterpiece figure!

I CANNOT wait to preorder MP Gorilla/Beast Convoy, aka Optimus Primal, and can only imagine that Verno, Firestorm, Gutsman & others are just as psyched as myself to see an MP (Beast) Megatron get shown at some point!

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Skipping this for me even at 4,000jpy

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Sorry Trev, G1 Masterpieces peaked at Soundwave, it's about time they moved onto a Transformers iteration with... a little more bite.
    Hear, hear!

Or should I say, Yesss...

(Also, it's been a long time since I watched it, but damn...Beast Wars was great.)

Whatever...
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.