Thread: Ozformers Forum userguide, and how to register.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'd prefer not to have this kept out in the open, as it might put off newer members. But the situation has become so significant, that making it permanently public is the last step before legal action is to be taken... if this doesn't work at deterring this person from harassing members here (his human name is not mentioned here at all, as identifying him is not the point of this posting).
    This is also here to make sure no more innocent people get caught in the middle of something they don't need to or fully know about, just because they are pawns to this person. Existing friends of Banned people are still welcome, as long as they adhere to our rules like everyone else, and not let themselves be used by the Banned person for their own benefit. (see Rule 27 above)

There is a specific person who is not welcome at this site (and many other fan-sites) because of harassment, threats to members, and vandalism of the site itself. As such, this particular person is permanently banned from here... as in, forever, which is not something we do lightly (we've only ever permanently banned two fans on this site).
    This particular person caused much heartache for me and other staff & members here, to the point that I couldn't sleep most nights that I was dealing with the many threatening emails and messages as well as the messes he was creating on the board and members... spoiling my fun in Transformers and interacting with other fans, to the point of almost giving up the hobby because of him. (some members caught up in the middle as pawns to his lies did leave, which hurt me just as much because I was the reason they were targeted)
    The stress he caused me during the peak of this nightmare, with all the threats and deceptions on his part, is something I will never get be able to forget, which not only affected me, but also all those innocent people who have joined since then, who would now need to interact before they could be activated as a full member, just in case this person was sneaking back in under a new identity... or they were a friend of his wanting to cause trouble on his behalf.

As such, Rule 27 was added to the Userguide (post #2 above), so that anyone found to be assisting a permanently banned person, will be removed as well. This includes, but is not limited to:
    - giving them access to an account you created or used;
    - passing on info posted in sections that they can not see as a non-member;
    - contacting members or staff for the purpose of talking about them, to ask about them or to defend them;
    - harassing members or baiting members on behalf of them;
    - interacting here with ulterior motives instead of as yourself to just enjoy Transformers;
    - bad-mouthing our community on other websites because of someone being removed here.

Those things actually apply to any permanently banned person, not just the one noted below. But since this person has become such a significant nuisance here over FIVE YEARS, it is necessary to prove it to those who may later question his banning or treatment by us. (he has objected to having this info posted publicly, because it prevents him convincing newbies of him being the victim here... which unfortunately is exactly why we need this here now - we prefer not to talk about any of this, but every time he sneaks back in, we have to waste time dealing with newer people he has talked to, who are demanding to know why he is being "unfairly" treated and excluded here as if he never did anything wrong, so now it is all here to easily refer those new people to, when needed)

These stats illustrate the problem we have had to endure from this one person...
    Over 10 years now (since mid-2007), he has been harassing members and staff by postings, PMs and emails, and stirring up trouble for the Australian fandom, both here and on foreign forums.
    Over 10 different registration emails have been used here.
    Over 30 different user-names used here, and more known about on other fan forums that he's been banned from as well.
    Over 60 different registration attempts here by him during that time.
    Over 100 different IPs have been logged by him under those registrations.
    And well over 200 emails and messages just to me, alternating between begging and threatening, just to try to be allowed back. Not to mention many more to other staff and members here during that time.

Note that all of the info below was submitted publicly to this privately-run website, making it possible to publicly document it, but I have removed certain personal details, because it is only necessary to prove how much of a nuisance he is, not to publicly release all specific and personal details of his.

I am not interested in persecuting him, and I discourage others against it as well.
    This is only being posted to deter people from getting involved, and for staff to point others to, for any new member that is not aware of what they are being drawn into (as some are being convinced that he is the victim, ending up with them being penalised for something that wasn't even their fault because they didn't know the truth).
    If you are him, or proven to be him, this is why you are being removed.
    If you are not him, but refuse to adhere to our rules, you will also be removed.
    This person has repeatedly rejoined under the disguise of someone else, with new names and email addresses, pretending to not know the Banned individual, or claims to have met him. After over 5 years of these games of his, we are now adopting a stronger policy of removing people as soon as they match any of his known details, or actively acts on his behalf after knowing about this information posting... for the benefit of other members who don't need or want to be manipulated or used as pawns.
    If you are a friend of his, that's fine. This is not to demonise him or his friends, especially if it is outside of this community (because that is nothing to do with us here). This information posting is to protect past, present and future members from being deceived and then being banned over it. Because it seems that people are surprised at how extensive this harassment has been, and wouldn't have listened to his stories if I had kept a public record of it here (instead of hiding away all the negativity, so that it didn't spoil the fun here).

Each of these are a different Ozformers registration he's started or used - ALL were matched to known details of his, either by way of email address, name, IP, or things he has said to other people.

Saber_Prime
    Saber_Prime
    Saber_Prime
    Saber_Prime
    Saber_Prime
    Saber_Prime
    wolfgang (16 Aug 2007)
    wolfgang
    the doctor (26 Nov 2007)
    the doctor
    the doctor
    Doublecross
    cybertron_primus (30 Dec 2007)
    Stalker - Shardaken Maccrae (7th September 2008)
    stamus_prime - Jason Long (18 Jan 2009)
    Obama_prime (22 Jan 2009)
    shardy (22 Jan 2009)
    Plastic Addict (Jan 2009)
    obama prime (Jan 2009)
    egon_is_a_scrub (Jan 2009)
    egon_is_a_scrub (29 Jan 2009)
    sarah (29 Jan 2009)
    pissed off (3 Feb 2009)
    the_fallen (11 Feb 2009)
    the_fallen (15 Feb 2009)
    swindel (15 Feb 2009)
    swindel (19 Feb 2009)
    swindel (19 Feb 2009)
    max_explosion (2nd March 2009)
    max_explosion (3rd April 2009)
    Saber Prime (5th April 2009)
    Dino_King_Grimlock (18th April 2009)
    Autobase_Australia (5th May 2009)
    Autobase_Australia (5th May 2009)
    Dino_King_Grimlock
    Autobase_Australia
    Autobase_Australia
    Autobase_Australia
    Autobase_Australia
    counter_punch (23rd May 2009)
    Autobase_Australia (6th June 2009)
    Saber_Prime - jordy the jew (6th June 2009)
    1wheelie1 (10 June 2009)
    Autobase_Australia01 (15th June 2009)
    Autobase_Australia02 (15th June 2009)
    Darkwind (16th June 2009)
    Autobase_Australia03 (17th June 2009)
    Dino_King_Grimlock (25th June 2009)
    Autobase_Australia_forum (26th June 2009)
    Autobase_Australia_forum1 (27th June 2009)
    SB101 (29th June 2009)
    strop (21st July 2009)
    Scrapper - Markus Jardine (October 2009)
    scrappermark2 (18th January 2010)
    DKG (12th February 2010)
    kgb2005 (18th February 2010)
    Badger Mcgee (24 june 2010)
    (On our facebook group)
    jazzy josh (18 January 2012)
    Im_a_weiner (24 November 2012)
    Waxpython (27 January 2013)
    WoW (1 February 2013)
    Batman (5 February 2013)
    Superman (5 February 2013)
    Cobra Commander (5 February 2013)
    Decepticon (11 February 2013)
    The Transformers (16 February 2013)
    i'm Innocent (16 February 2013)
    Zechariah (also as byrnez/byrne771/troy on TFW2005) (15 June 2015)
    CoktimusPrime (21 September 2017)

I won't publicly list the dozen different emails he's use or the several different Human names he's used, as it isn't necessary. The point has been made that you know about them, from all of the known registrations he's made here at Ozformers.
    And as much as I'd love to share the many hundreds of threatening messages and emails from him over the years, it is also not required at this time. They've been archived for any future legal requirement.

If you have someone contact you, claiming to be banned from here, or wants to tell you about "someone they know" who's been treated like a victim here, chances are that it is this person, as he's the only permanently banned person at Ozformers who has kept trying to sneak back in here for eight years now.

Out of our 15 & 1/2 years (at the time of the original posting of this), and thousands of members past and present, we've only had 2 fans permanently banned from here. And only one of them has spent the last 8 years trying to sneak back in AND to ruin our reputation on other fan-sites, while also trying to have us shut down.

I just want to make sure that no one else has their fun spoilt here (or on other communities), by feeling like they have to get involved in something that they don't need to. That's just his strategy to suck in innocent bystanders for his own fun.
    This is a Transformers Fan Forum. Focus on that as your reason for interacting here and you shouldn't have any problems.
    He is not a victim here.
    He was given multiple chances.
    His many different identities over the years were aimed at deceiving us and to cause divisions in the fandom, making him untrustworthy.
    He is not welcome here or at many other sites that have had to experience his antics.
    After all these years of that same behaviour here, the decision to have him PERMANENTLY banned will not change.

If this person (or anyone really), contacts you through the board, or off-site to talk about the board - for the purpose of badmouthing any member, the staff, or the community itself - you can let the staff know about it. Especially if you think that they are just doing it to stir up trouble.
    Feedback from members say that we are one of the most inviting, friendly and troll-less Transformers fan communities on the Net... so if someone has a problem with anything here, they should talk to the staff about it (not to me if you think I am the problem)... not to whinge about it to other members or non-members, as it won't change anything.
    Last edited by griffin; 9th October 2017 at 06:26 PM.