Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: February Finds

Wow! Transformers Prime: Drift looks awesome!

ah, February.... bout time you came thru with some acquisitions for Cranky... got this from Japan today and it's awesome!!!! finally the 3 wreckers for my DoTM collection....

Now the wait for Soundwave from Taiwan.

the torture of others sparks is music to my sensors!!!

GoktimusPrime FINALLY!

Good stuff Goki glad you finally picked up Wheeljack. Where did you get him?

the torture of others sparks is music to my sensors!!!

These came in the mail for me today, my lovely Girl Friend bought me these as a Birthday Present to herself lol

Picked these up last week but pics this week...

My new favourite PCC. Grimstone looks nice, but this guy has thumbs! The first time I transformed him I was like "ooooo moveable thumbs"

Meanwhile, Starscream does not approve of the proliferation of KOs

Quote Originally Posted by crankcase76 View Post
    Good stuff Goki glad you finally picked up Wheeljack. Where did you get him?
    Thanks dude. Believe it or not I got him from TRU Parra! They must've gotten in a new shipment after Sunday - but that was the last Wheeljack there and there was just one Soundwave left. Clearly these two are selling like hotcakes - little wonder considering that they're the only two original characters who didn't feature in First Edition (I suspect atm it's mostly collectors scooping up most TFP figures rather than kiddies).

Latest Grabbings for me over the last couple of days

G2 #1 Newsstand Edition

and all my G2 Comics

Had a voucher for Toys r Us... makes these guys more affordable.....

UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

What, no Bumblebee, Sharky?

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Thanks dude. Believe it or not I got him from TRU Parra! They must've gotten in a new shipment after Sunday - but that was the last Wheeljack there and there was just one Soundwave left. Clearly these two are selling like hotcakes - little wonder considering that they're the only two original characters who didn't feature in First Edition (I suspect atm it's mostly collectors scooping up most TFP figures rather than kiddies).
    or scalpers

Big Package Arrived today from BBTS admittedly these are acquisitions since last year but I have decided to have them delivered already since I knew it would be a BIIIG Box

Myclone dudes are there for size comparison

though only 2/3 of it are TFs though, 1/3 contains my DCUC figs

Generations Skyshadow
    Generations Junkheap
    DOTM HA Tailpipe and Pinpointer with Sgt. Noble ( my current fave - a targetmaster and a human figure what's not to like )
    DOTM HA Dragstrip with Master Disaster
    DOTM HA Autobot Whirl with Maj. Sparkplug
    DOTM HA Half-Track with Major Altitude
    G1 Commemorative Decepticon Piranahcon ( got it real cheap too)
    Maketoys Battle Tanker also came with an extra new head for G2 Generations Prime
    War Axe

now Im off to claim DOTM Deluxe Soundwave from the postie - they just left a sign for note in my letterbox while I was at work yesterday pics of him later
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua Prime View Post
    I've been off the forum quite a bit this year... A combination of a few things. A change in priority, finances... life etc.... So far February has yeileded me a TFC Dr Crank for my B'day. Now I just have to wait till Robot Kingdom have Herc's other limbs back in stock in April.....

No other acquisitions though.
    Glad to see your back Aqua, it has been a bit quiet on your front; Sorry to hear that you've also ended up in the waiting situation with regards to Hercules - From the reviews I've seen mate it'll be well worth waiting though.

Quote Originally Posted by orionpax1 View Post
    Got Kre-o Sentinal Prime and Sideswipe due to reduced prices. (wish i could just get the kre-o figures by themselves).
    I hear you dude, I want the Soundwave Kreon but not Sentinel Prime...; Congratulations on the sets though.
    (How much has Sentinel Prime been reduced by and where? )

Quote Originally Posted by iamirondude View Post
    these arrived 2day all are misb and i only payed $1 for them.
    Very very pleased and envious to see those Beast Wars acquisitions dude, you got a stupidly good deal with that lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    Anyway, today's rewards for surviving a pretty full-on week scores were DotM Quejack and Voyager Highbrow. I only got Highbrow 'cos he was 30% off on a reduced price, so he was about ~1300 yen, or ~$12-14 AU.
    A very very nice score with that price for Highbrow Odie, he'd sell like hotcakes on eBay at that price and Hursty would be there for 1 easily!

Gots myself TF Prime Soundwave.
    Argh! - I'm finding it very hard to avoid laying down cash for a Hasbro version... He calls out to me without making a single audible nuance and it's excruciating!
    Congrats though mate, being short-packed to 1x per case is ridiculous and makes the acquisition all the more special considering he's B'n'M bought.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickymac View Post
    Recent acquisitions after a few very slow months were G1 Bumblebee and Warpath (thanks to Giegerrock-2, cheers again mate).

And there is nothing better than a gift-former. Yesterday a few of my Y12 students from last year were waiting at my office door to say hi, thanks, oh and by the way here's jetwing optimus prime for you!! (They also gave me a "world's biggest nerd medal" but I forgave them because of optimus!)
    Those are 2 extremely cool acquisitions regardless of physical stature dude and what a hell of a parting gift from your (Now) ex-students dude, clearly you struck a cord with them.

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    Fresh from the postie, thanks to Skullcruncher

TF Myclones Bumblebee, Soundwave and Rodimus

which completes my myclone of the regular mass release - only have the chase figures to look for - Thundercracker, Red Alert and Dirge

*snip*
    Ooh!
    Congratulations Liege, quite the milestone and topped off with the best one of all too!

Quote Originally Posted by Zippo View Post
    *snip*
    DOTM Soundwave (thanks to Monkey222) -- far too small, not sure if I wll open or on sell
    FE Prime (Hasbro Canada version)
    Congrats Zippo, that Canadian FE Prime wouldn't have been cheap I imagine but I know someone who'd be more than willing to give that Soundwave a home should you no longer want him.

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    *snip*

This is what happens when robots drink and drive. Oh the humanity!
    Haha, lol!
    Clearly that is what happens when taking the kids out for a night on NY, well done!

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    Welp, no TFPRIDE Arcees at Hero Gangu and the Deluxe TM2 Dinobot I had my eye on at Jungle was gone, so I snapped up a cheap HtfD Tomahawk and Reissue Thundercracker & Skywarp 2pack.
    Eventually Tomahawk will be repainted into an Odieverse Rotorstorm.
    That sucks to hear man, especially on the Dinobot front; I reckon the 2 pack of Seekers makes up for that loss however.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Ed View Post
    It's been a while since I've bought any Transformers.

*snip*

Here is the Tomy Takara (Hasbro Japan) Encore reissue of the Decepticons Constructicons.

Maketoys Tanker.

*snip*

MP Optimus Prime.

Last but not least, DOTM Soundwave.

Thanks to JayDisc for Devastator, Maketoys Tanker and MP Optimus Prime and thanks to Griffin for Soundwave!
    Well Mr. Ed, it would seem to me that you've exceeded in making up for said lack of acquisitions!
    That is a very impressive haul indeed, congrats man!

Quote Originally Posted by valkyrie_76 View Post
    The first thing I thought......."Me no cute, me King!!!"
    Hehe, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by gamblor916 View Post
    From the last couple of days. Thanks to Canofwhoopass for the G1s.

*snip*
    Oh that is a nice haul there Gamblor!
    It's very cool seeing both Scourges there, as with Sandstorm and Wreckgar - Gee that TF: Prime Wheeljack is quite popular too eh?

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    G1 Silverbolt box from Hursti. That completes my Aerialbot collection of cardbacks and box
    I'm very happy to of been able to contribute to your collection in such a way dude, I'm glad your happy with it dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Geigerrock-2 View Post
    nothing to write home about but picked these up from the toy fair today.
    They were the only tf's there... Good if you like cars though..
    Stature means nothing dude, that's quite a good haul dude as the Predator jet looks to be in fairly decent nic for what I've seen that particular one in over the years; You've also managed to acquire one of the hardest to find (& sometimes rather expensive) Micromasters too in Rollerforce!

*snip*

My only TF haul from the recently finished Parramatta Toy Fair, Im happy as coz I get to complete my 2nd Protectobots set in one fell swoop and cheaply I might add

and was happy to find under my doormat this

*snip*

Ive completely forgotten Ive managed to buy the last TPB I needed from Amazon. It took a while to get here (1 month) but Im happy to finally get the complete marvel series (TPB) ... I'll keep searching for a better Darkstar TPB though

plus thanks to 1azrael1 for bringing my G2 green missle

Edit and Addit:

Postie just buzzed a while ago after posting this so ill just add my latest haul from ebay from Japan - thanks to a Mr Hiro Sato ( how Jap is that name - so cool! oh and it only took a week to get here, sweeeet.

Wrecker DoTM Leadfoot

*snip*

finally! the wrecker trio is complete....
    I reckon you did rather well with that lot from the Fair dude, those Protectobots look to be in absolutely excellent condition IMO.
    A massive congrats for completing the Titan Books US Marvel G1 Comic Reprint TPBs dude; onto the UK volumes now, yes?
    Also, congrats on acquiring all the DOTM Wreckers in Deluxe dude; It's such a shame that Hasbro just couldn't manage a whole set in any size class with all of their weapons out or in - I think Marketing must've fudged that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
    Prime FE Voyagers Bulkhead and Prime arrived this week. Also deluxe bumblebee. I love the three of them, but Buklhead has been bittersweet. His inner chest panel (the one that his vehicle-hood sections connect to) was warped in the packaging. I can't see how it could have happened, unless it was from heat, but the rest of the toy is fine, so who knows? It isn't noticeable in robot mode unless you're really trying to find it, because it's hidden beneath the rest of his chest. His vehicle mode on the other hand is literally a wreck... the bonnet doesn't close together at all, so it looks like he ran into the back of a truck or something, lol.

I can laugh (kinda) about it now but when I first transformed him and saw what was going on I was pretty shattered. He looks fine in bot mode, so he'll just have to be a non-transforming transformer.
    I might still see if I can pick up a Takara version from somewhere without paying with my kidneys.

Also, I don't know why this Bumblebee receives so much flack, I found him to be a great figure with a satisfying transformation. His feet are on the large side, but I think he's going to be my definitive post-G1 Bumblebee.
    Oh, except his face... I'm going to get one of the newer heads with the lighter silver and swap it out.
    Congrats Jinto, sorry to hear about your FE Bulkhead having a warped chest panel though dude as that'd frustrate me.

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    After quite an abscence of posting acquisitions...

I'm very happy to share that I recently acquired the (very?) rare "Canadian Slag". I've been after this guy for years and have recently with the help of friends, found a seller who was selling it (thanks! you know who you are).

*snip*

The full story and more photos here.
    Ooh!
    Now you don't see one of those everyday; congratulations HD, I'll have to give your blog a read on this guys later as he wouldn't have been easy to track down I imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Stompy View Post
    Finally! REAL Acquisition. After a year of blehformers, I got me some genuine TF awesomeness. TF Prime RiD Wheeljack, Soundwave and Cliffjumper:

*snip*

These are tonnes smaller than I expected but the detail and engineering is beyond that of the DotM line. Not a bad wave so far with only some posing problems due to odd joints, otherwise, am absolutely stoked so far.
    Congratulations Stompy, yet another TF: Prime Soundwave acquisition... Argh!

Quote Originally Posted by High_Q View Post
    I couldn't wait for the local retailers to stock these, so I bought them online:

*snip*
    Ooh!, nice swag there High_Q!
    I think you made the right decision too dude as we'll likely get charged 15 odd $$ knowing our retailers, that's the entire 1st wave yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
    It's mesmerizing .

Awesome! Congrats Hursticon
    Hehe, cheers Jinto; I was absolutely amazed when I stumbled upon it on eBay and I ended up being the only person to bid on it... 3 times!

Quote Originally Posted by Tallestblue View Post
    *Squee!* My first edition Optimus and Bulkhead Arrived at my cousins house!
    Onece the First Edition Deluxes gets ther ei'm on a train to get mah toys!
    We better get photographic evidence of this haul TB!
    Congrats dude.

FINALLY!

*snip*
    Couldn't avoid that impatience tax huh Goki?
    Congrats on finding him though dude, he's clearly a very popular figure indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallestblue View Post
    Wow! Transformers Prime: Drift looks awesome!

LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by crankcase76 View Post
    ah, February.... bout time you came thru with some acquisitions for Cranky... got this from Japan today and it's awesome!!!! finally the 3 wreckers for my DoTM collection....

*snip*

Now the wait for Soundwave from Taiwan.
    Congratulations Crankcase; whilst this acquisition is good, I think it pales in comparison to your acquisition on this Sunday just gone by.

Quote Originally Posted by mknell View Post
    These came in the mail for me today, my lovely Girl Friend bought me these as a Birthday Present to herself lol

*snip*
    Mknell; those are some of the coolest bloody shoes I've ever seen!
    Congratulations dude, tell me they're called Barricades!

Quote Originally Posted by snaketales View Post
    Picked these up last week but pics this week...

*snip*

My new favourite PCC. Grimstone looks nice, but this guy has thumbs! The first time I transformed him I was like "ooooo moveable thumbs"

*snip*

Meanwhile, Starscream does not approve of the proliferation of KOs
    Woah wait! - Are you saying theres a PCC figure with actual hands Snakey!?!
    (Close to it anyway )

Hmm, your seekers seem t be multiplying quite a bit lately; I think they need to avoid those counterfeit massage parlours.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    Latest Grabbings for me over the last couple of days

G2 #1 Newsstand Edition

*snip*

and all my G2 Comics

*snip*

Had a voucher for Toys r Us... makes these guys more affordable.....

*snip*
    Oh dude, Sharky; That is a sweet acquisition dude in the G2 Comic, I wish I had kept my copy I had as a kid as the artwork is really cool IMO - Good thing they're reprinted in TPB form, just got to get the 2nd and last one.

Also, congrats on the sweet TF: Prime haul dude ; said voucher definitely would've made things easier but seeing yet another Soundwave isn't doing so for me...

Big Package Arrived today from BBTS admittedly these are acquisitions since last year but I have decided to have them delivered already since I knew it would be a BIIIG Box

Myclone dudes are there for size comparison

*snip*

though only 2/3 of it are TFs though, 1/3 contains my DCUC figs

*snip*

Generations Skyshadow
    Generations Junkheap
    DOTM HA Tailpipe and Pinpointer with Sgt. Noble ( my current fave - a targetmaster and a human figure what's not to like )
    DOTM HA Dragstrip with Master Disaster
    DOTM HA Autobot Whirl with Maj. Sparkplug
    DOTM HA Half-Track with Major Altitude
    G1 Commemorative Decepticon Piranahcon ( got it real cheap too)
    Maketoys Battle Tanker also came with an extra new head for G2 Generations Prime
    War Axe

now Im off to claim DOTM Deluxe Soundwave from the postie - they just left a sign for note in my letterbox while I was at work yesterday pics of him later
    I love how you never do anything half-arsed Liege , that is a damn large haul man and I love your choices for the height comparison!
    (All this talk about Soundwaves just makes me think of how incomplete my collection is...)

My acquisitions today were actually from Sunday, both at the Parramatta Fair & Phantom Zone comics:
    • '07 Movie (Deluxe), Decepticon - Barricade (w/ Red variant Frenzy?)
    • Armada (Minicon), Race Team - Dirt Boss
    • Mini Statue (Attacktix?) - G1 Soundwave (Adding to my Soundwave Collection, see here )
    • Neca, Gremlins 2 - Gizmo
    • ???, Ghost in The Shell: Stand Alone Complex - Motoko Kusanagi