Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: TF5 Movie (2017) production & filming details

The movies title is Transformers The Last Knight
    http://news.tfw2005.com/2016/05/16/t...-knight-315577

Quote Originally Posted by G1Optimal View Post
    The movies title is Transformers The Last Knight
    http://news.tfw2005.com/2016/05/16/t...-knight-315577
    Could be worse. Actually makes sense - if you watched and could follow the last movie.

I don't mind it, it actually sounds like there will be some semblance of continuation between the fourth and fifth movies.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

No wonder Rodimus can't find the Knights in the IDW-verse. He's looking in the wrong franchise.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    No wonder Rodimus can't find the Knights in the IDW-verse. He's looking in the wrong franchise.
    I was thinking this afternoon, what if in the movie franchise Rodimus turns out to be the last knight of Cybertron. #cruel twist
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I was thinking this afternoon, what if in the movie franchise Rodimus turns out to be the last knight of Cybertron. #cruel twist
    Well he is overdue for inclusion into the series.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

I kinda hope that they don't consider removing Optimus and Megatron, to give us Rodimus vs Galvatron... as half the fandom won't like it, and most of the general public won't get it... it will just kill off the franchise.

It might seem a bit repetitious having Optimus always in it, and Megatron coming back all the time, but those are two-thirds of the character elements that the majority of those millions of regular movie-goers are there to see.

As bad as the writing is, and the low impression many of us have of the live action movies, the revenue they rake in is what gives Hasbro the money to give us collector-focussed toys like Generations. Just look at what it was like before 2007, with a cartoon toyline and the occasional small range sub-line on the side. Now with the Movie toylines we have a cartoon toyline, an ongoing sub-line (Generations), an ongoing kids line (Rescue Bots), and the occasional small range sub-line (Hero Mashers, Kreo, Construct-Bots, Battle Masters, Bot Shots).
    So no more Movies means less toys aimed at us collectors, or none at all (just look at the GIJoe fandom).

But the Marvel movie franchise demonstrates that you _can_ make good movies that also appeal to most fans and the general public. These two things are not mutually exclusive.

Hopefully the changes at the writing end, with the writer's room and the new writers, will see a change in quality story/plot wise for people who have raised those concerns.

I personally never had any problems following the plots, but issues with the plot seem to be a major source of criticism.

Can't believe none of you have posted this link yet.

Maybe spoilers, maybe not.

http://news.tfw2005.com/2016/05/16/f...s-prime-315584
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.