Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: FansProject's Crossfire 2: Bruticus Upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by FFN View Post
    I am far tougher on a specifically fan-designed, collector-focused, high-priced toy than I am with a much cheaper toy that was not made with people my age in mind.

But granted. It looks FANTASTIC. Just that they're not quite as playable or as user-friendly as a real Transformer.
    To me the upgraded gestalt is much, much, MUCH more playable than the base toy combiner He now has extended articulation and poseability. He is also much more stable and with multiple weapons which immensely add to the play value. The individual figures also get a lot of play value by having multiple transforming weapons and even upgrades. I wouldn't call the base toy user friendly, the energon weapons and ill thought out joints and weight ratio make it unstable which is something that has been largely fixed with the upgrade.

Please don't tell me that Powercore combiner Bruticus is the better toy

Cheers for the pics Kup, they really show how incredibly articulate they are and how many different poses the hands alone are able to achieve.
    (I especially like the last pic)

okay to address the wrist issue:

Normally the right hand will not be limp down its own but will fall down (thereby limp wrist) when it is holding on to a gun as it becomes heavier than the peg it attaches to can handle

for purposes of demo pic I have the hand limp down as it would if it was holding a gun...

a simple modification to this to aid it in keeping the hand straight while holding a gun is by tiptoeing the foot of Explorer a bit so it helps keep the hand in position, really minor...

hope that clarifies what I meant in the previous posts. Sorry I didn't post much pics Hursty hehehe, kup has it all covered actually.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

I got my set today. Im so happy with it and have had no troubles at all. Swindle and Blastoff are perfect and its kinda sad to combine them. But combined its amazing!!

Just so easy to put together. Had no stress mark issues and the Cannon backpack took only seconds to put on. Its all love

anyone find it hard to pull swindle out from the feet part?? its on very tight!!

Easily the best combiner to date. Absolutely remarkable. My wrist is limp too, but I used same solution as liege.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I disagree with calling those flaws. They seem more in line with opinions.
    I should clarify. Maybe "flaw" isnt the best word to describe it, but in anycase, I think there is always room for improvement, and Im just stating in what ways future designs could be further improved upon.

Why cant we have an awesome looking figure and the engineering smoothness of a proper transforming toy from Has/Tak?
    Obvioulsy I understand that realistically, there will be sacrifices towards this smoothness and play wear since "looks" and poseability are the most key traits.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    Easily the best combiner to date. Absolutely remarkable. My wrist is limp too, but I used same solution as liege.
    Totally agree- although the g1 combiners have such a special quality, and I dont think they can be directly compared.

Cant wait for subsequent projects. FP please give me Menasor PLEASE!!!!
    Although this is a long shot- Im interested to see how the TFC devastator is released, as 5 or six individually designed figures will cause problems- i.e. distribution- scalpers would have field day. And the price points.

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    okay to address the wrist issue:

Normally the right hand will not be limp down its own but will fall down (thereby limp wrist) when it is holding on to a gun as it becomes heavier than the peg it attaches to can handle

for purposes of demo pic I have the hand limp down as it would if it was holding a gun...

a simple modification to this to aid it in keeping the hand straight while holding a gun is by tiptoeing the foot of Explorer a bit so it helps keep the hand in position, really minor...

hope that clarifies what I meant in the previous posts. Sorry I didn't post much pics Hursty hehehe, kup has it all covered actually.
    I am going to try to replicate this limp hand because as you can see, I don't have that at all. I suspect that you are meant to lock the feet in place as my hands are pretty secure in place while holding weapons, etc.

Edit: I just gave it a try - You are supposed to place the feet like Liege has. Having it 'limp hand' is having the wrist mistransformed. Once you lock it in with the feet, it stays pretty much in place no matter how you pose the hand so this is how it's meant to be.

Quote Originally Posted by primatives View Post
    anyone find it hard to pull swindle out from the feet part?? its on very tight!!
    I had a bit of trouble the first time but after that it was fine because I knew which parts are supposed to separate. The articulated feet through me off at first because I thought the jeep separated at the 'ankles' due to the joint that forms a small gap when separated.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I am going to try to replicate this limp hand because as you can see, I don't have that at all. I suspect that you are meant to lock the feet in place as my hands are pretty secure in place while holding weapons, etc.

Edit: I just gave it a try - You are supposed to place the feet like Liege has. Having it 'limp hand' is having the wrist mistransformed. Once you lock it in with the feet, it stays pretty much in place no matter how you pose the hand so this is how it's meant to be.
    Tried this too!! it works!! wow... and i thought I had a dodgy peg or something. That tight feeling is awesome