Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: FansProject's Crossfire 2: Bruticus Upgrade

Like it, Need it, Want it.

Something else for the unattainable wish list

Seriously though it looks great. fantastic pics!

Awesome pics!!

One thing on mine, is that on explorer, the peg that connects the bruticus hands, it is slightly loose, so that when I place a gun it sags down... dont know why this is- doesnt look like Kup's one has that problem.

Other than Onslaught's lack of articulation with the missile pods attached- not that many flaws with the kit.

Quote Originally Posted by gdmetro View Post
    Awesome pics!!

One thing on mine, is that on explorer, the peg that connects the bruticus hands, it is slightly loose, so that when I place a gun it sags down... dont know why this is- doesnt look like Kup's one has that problem.

Other than Onslaught's lack of articulation with the missile pods attached- not that many flaws with the kit.

That peg is loose in mine as well, you can fix that by having the combined feet of Explorer slightly like he's tiptoeing, so that even though his wrist ( where the peg connects) is limpy it's stable and doesnt swing up and down unwantedly.

Im liking the heads of the two very much - its blocky but daaaayuum so detailed and the paintjob aint bad. Now I wish they made a Stunticon set ( combines to Menasor of course hehehe) - purely on their own figures, since there's no new Hasbro version anyways..... now those would be an awesome awesome gift set!

I really like the feet with all the wheels makes it look like them feet of Voltes V ( one of the Great robots series) - Volt Lander. and gotta love the ratcheting on the big back cannons that can fold forward for more ballistic attacks. Speaking of which, if only I can photoshop a whole buncha missles launching in different directions from the knee launchers and armpit launchers that Bruticus now has so wonderful - I imagine it like them gundam spray of cluster bombs racing towards enemy troops... now I need to find a WST Starscream to perch on his shoulder and WST Shockwave for him to hold.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    That peg is loose in mine as well, you can fix that by having the combined feet of Explorer slightly like he's tiptoeing, so that even though his wrist ( where the peg connects) is limpy it's stable and doesnt swing up and down unwantedly.
    My Explorer has that too, I think that's how it's supposed to be and that the way you positioned the feet is the correct form. The peg on mine secures well to the wrist.

The small figures are really cool. The sculpts are awesomely done and as mentioned, they have a lot of personality with a nice vibe to them.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    1) Yes you can but the feet will be not have the ankle joint bending in the correct direction as each foot is individually tailored for the figure. However there is little negative impact visually as the feet are symmetrical enough to not look awkward or 'wrong' even with the wheels now in the inner side than outer but due to the ankles, there is some minor poseability lost.
    thanks for checking.
    so you just cant plug swindle/hummer in the left foot plate and brawl/tank in the right foot plate?
    i thought that the pegs and holes would be identical at the ankle joint?

Looking cool but I wish that had just gone all out and made the whole team from scratch. Would kill for a new Vortex and Brawl. =/

Quote Originally Posted by llamatron View Post
    Looking cool but I wish that had just gone all out and made the whole team from scratch. Would kill for a new Vortex and Brawl. =/
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by bruticus View Post
    thanks for checking.
    so you just cant plug swindle/hummer in the left foot plate and brawl/tank in the right foot plate?
    i thought that the pegs and holes would be identical at the ankle joint?
    Unfortunately not but you can switch the whole leg assembly from left to right.

Quote Originally Posted by llamatron View Post
    I would have preferred a new Onslaught head and a Brawl. Vortex seems ok.

Happy, Happy... Joy, Joy!!!

Just got an email from TFSource, notifying me that my Munitioner Swindle and Explorer Blastoff are on their way as they were shipped today!
    (Crap!, that sounded almost Wheelie-ish)

Liege, a High-Five to you!
    A FansProject Stunticon Giftset would be absolutely friggin' Awesome!
    That, would sell like bloody Hotcakes, no questions about that!

Interesting that the feet aren't switchable? maybe that was one of the reasons they were held back, maybe they were trying to come up with a way around that?

Also, is the 'limp wrist' issue a major one?
    Being that, especially with a shotgun, he would need sturdy wrists is it just a 'looseness - not plugged in right' thing? or more like a 'they should've done this' thing?