Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: MP Bumblebee Official Pics

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Am I missing something here? - What's wrong with his colour & chest's faction symbol?
    Could it bee the paint on the autobot symbol perhaps looks a little rough?

That's the only thing I can see.

I love this guy! NO way in hell I am going to miss out on this little fella!

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Could it bee the paint on the autobot symbol perhaps looks a little rough?
    I dunno man, it's got me baffled as to what people could find wrong with this little bloke ; "little" being the operative term as he is only going to come up to the other Car bots' waists/shoulders, height-wise , so that may be why certain details look less "clean" because they're actually harder to apply on smaller surfaces?...

All I know is that this little bugger & his tiny man-in-a-suit pal can't arrive at my door soon enough!

Don't forget dude, that Japanese price is also including a fully poseable & transformable Spike in an Exo-suit - I think that makes up the difference value-wise, compared to the other MP Car bots, perfectly.
    True. Whether or not this adequately justifies the price point is something I'll decide upon after I get the toy and judge for myself IRL.
    I love the '06 Classics Bumblebee too but for me he's more of a Pseudo-G1 Bee; I know what HasTak's intentions were at the time & the limitations imposed on the overall design as a result of Volkswagon's (Western) "NO War Bots" policy of the time - But he still feels like a far enough departure from what Bumblebee looked like in the Comics & Cartoon for me not to include him in my previous 2 member list.
    Don't forget that Bumblebee hasn't always been a VW Beetle -- his G2 Gobot toy transforms into a concept race car (I personally don't know what the make/model is). I think that Classicsverse Bumblebee has done a pretty good job considering that they were unable to acquire the VW licence by making him a generic looking compact, so it still evokes the spirit of a Beetle. Alternity Bumblebee did the same thing by using the Suzuki Swift, which I also thought was cool (even if that toy was rather expensive at full RRP).

Also, this isn't the first time that TakaraTOMY has used the VW Beetle, remember that Disney Label TF Donald Duck transforms into a Punch Buggy too. Although it could be argued that Disney Label isn't associated w/ war. But also keep in mind that while TakaraTOMY may have acquired the VW Beetle licence, it doesn't necessarily apply for Hasbro (as appears to be the case with Lamborghini; re: Hasbro's apparent inability to release MP Lambos, and I'm assuming that AoE Lockdown will be an approximated Aventador)

Hasbro are releasing Sideswipe, Gok, see Fatbot's first post in the new Generations figures thread

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showpo...06&postcount=1

Ooh, sweet! There may be hope for a Hasbro MP Red Alert then!

What's the cheapest place for this guy that isn't sold out? I missed AE. Should I for Robot Kingdom, or maybe buy one in Japan next year when I'm there?
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    What's the cheapest place for this guy that isn't sold out? I missed AE. Should I for Robot Kingdom, or maybe buy one in Japan next year when I'm there?
    you have to wait for release date and grab one from hlj or Nippon yasan.
    all sold atm.

In honesty the trend is to buy when is out on pre-order. The old ways are almost non existent.

Are you going to be meeting up with anyone when you're going to Japan? If so, maybe ask them to preorder that toy (or toys) from Amazon Japan. They ship free within Japan, so you only have to pay for the cost of the pre-ordered toy. And with a direct pick-up, you won't need to pay for international shipping. Amazon JP still has MP Bumble for pre-order for 4889JPY (approx. AU$51), and it comes w/ the bonus face mask.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Are you going to be meeting up with anyone when you're going to Japan? If so, maybe ask them to preorder that toy (or toys) from Amazon Japan. They ship free within Japan, so you only have to pay for the cost of the pre-ordered toy. And with a direct pick-up, you won't need to pay for international shipping. Amazon JP still has MP Bumble for pre-order for 4889JPY (approx. AU$51), and it comes w/ the bonus face mask.
    No, I'm going to be with a host student. I presume they have MPs at retail? Do they sell out fast?
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

No, I'm going to be with a host student. I presume they have MPs at retail? Do they sell out fast?
    Depends on the MP, and the retail outlet. Where I am, only Yamada Denki stocks MPs aside from the specialty stores in the city. If you're in a major city you might have some hobby shops around, if not then you'll have to try mass retail or take a trip to Tokyo/Osaka/one of the other major cities.

Either way, MP Soundwave was gone the morning he was released. Soundblaster lasted a bit longer but still vanished after a month-odd. The odd MP Smokescreen was still floating around for weeks after it was released.

I'd imagine Bumble would go pretty quickly.