Thread: Hasbro panel at NYCC

Default Hasbro panel at NYCC

Following on from yesterday's preview display for the fans & media, the panel presentation has revealed a couple more bits of toy info, as well as more details on the future of Generations with Machinima & IDW.

Images and details can be seen here.

As for the new toy details, it is noted that there will be another two Deluxes for wave 1 (but not yet revealed), as well as another Leader for wave 1 that was also not yet revealed.
    But we've seen all four Heads for wave 1, and a second Voyager was revealed to be released with Galavatron - another Triplechanger - an Autobot called Sentinel Prime. It transforms into a spaceship and a train, and its head is called Autobot Infinitus. (something this unique must be a comic character, or soon will be)
    It also notes that the head for Galvatron is actually called Nucleon, not Megatron, as Seibertron had noted on their official images, but it could have had a late name change by Hasbro.

It should also be noted that Fortress Maximus (or at least his head) shows up more than once... which should mean a new toy for him as well.
    The Titans Returns comic doesn't start until mid next year, so I think he could be the mid-year big toy to coincide with the comic's launch. (and be the SDCC exclusive next year as well)

Sentinel prime really looks like he was designed as Astrotrain first

I guess it means an Astrotrain redeco later... either by Hasbro or FunPub.

I thought we were supposed to get a sneak peek of the new Machinima series at NYCC? I took that as meaning some sort of footage or a still or something? All I can see is they talked about pretty uninteresting points, that doesn't really add much new info to the original announcement.

[EDIT]And I wish they would make up their minds on Sential Prime's colour scheme. Every series or incarnation, he ends up completely different.

Yeah I see Sentinel Prime being redecoed/retooled into Astrotrain

but after seeing these pics all I can say is that my wallet ain't gonna be happy next year
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

Some hits and misses there.

Looking Good:
    Galvatron
    Skullcruncher
    Blaster

The rest looks mediocre to terrible mostly due to bad repaint choices with a dash of nameslapping.

The Titan masters and Legends are interesting, they are all triple changers, even is some of the modes are a bit of a cheat like the data stick.

I am really looking forward to seeing how blaster works, there must be a lot of parts to allow for a Robot that articulated that folds out into a base with so many 'areas'.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

So when are they revealing their Fort Max? Cause clearly that's where this is going, Probably Toyfair 2016 I guess.

I must admit I do like that the headmasters are compatible across all size classes, through some clever use of hats and hoods, kudos there Hasbro.

I wish Blaster was a Voyager, his base mode and size does nothing for me.

I'm kind of happy to be getting a Sentinel Prime toy that's Voyager sized, even though he doesn't turn into a space truck. But I'm not sure what to think of that mold. For a start the spacecraft mode needs more paint.

Rewind is still the winner for me.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I am really looking forward to seeing how blaster works, there must be a lot of parts to allow for a Robot that articulated that folds out into a base with so many 'areas'.
    My guess would be less parts given current standards as most modern Leader toys have no more articulation than Legends size which is why I don't think much of Blaster so far. Think Powermaster Prime fro transformation, split the legs push the arms back and unfold some panels.