Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire in the sky View Post
Lets say I spend $10K a year on the type of toys that TFI sells (and yes there will be people who do) that's $100 off, not so bad if you ask me, when e-bay and Chimungmung offer me zero dollars for what I spend there (although e-bay does have QANTAS points on BIN items) I haven't used Premium Collectables yet and don't know what their points are worth, but come on, hasn't TFIguy been beaten up enough in this thread?

Edit: I've just seen that the post before mine explains PC's point system
People that can spend 10K a year on TFs aren't gonna care if they save $100. For most people, like myself, who spend CONSIDERABLY less than that each year, it's hardly an incentive to shop there.

I look at it in terms of a free figure. To earn enough points to get a free $30 deluxe figure, at my current rate of spend, would take me 3-4 years. Maybe a bit less if I have a big burst. Previous years it would have taken less than a year but my priorities and expendable income have changed. And I doubt the points last that long.

So I see it like request flyer points, great if you're a bazillionaire, but not even worth consideration for me. And given Evan has been going on about these points on Facebook, it is a bit of a letdown. I personally think he shouldn't bother and just concentrate on offering the best possible price.

But hey, different folks...