Page 401 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 381391396397398399400401402403404405406411421 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,010 of 10408

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Quote Originally Posted by KillinSpoon View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3s2h7YpfIc

When he was swapping out the hand for the sword, the ball joint snapped off inside of the arm. Also, he mentions little pieces which pop off all the time.
    It doesn't really appeal to me anymore :/ apart from the build.
    yeah model kits aren't really meant for play which is why they're so delicate. when you buy a model kit, its because you want to paint it and make it look pretty for displaying.

Quote Originally Posted by KillinSpoon View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3s2h7YpfIc

When he was swapping out the hand for the sword, the ball joint snapped off inside of the arm. Also, he mentions little pieces which pop off all the time.
    It doesn't really appeal to me anymore :/ apart from the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiden View Post
    yeah model kits aren't really meant for play which is why they're so delicate. when you buy a model kit, its because you want to paint it and make it look pretty for displaying.
    Gosh, well maybe he should have been more gentle? Like Kaiden said, it's not a toy, it's a model for display. The fun is in the building!
    You can use Shocker Gel (from slot cars) to loosen up ball joints, or just take the arm apart to change the ball joint? Also little parts falling off? Um, that's what glue is for. :/ I really think a gunpla builder should do a review of it.

If you're after a posable toy, get the revoltech. It looks awesome too.

Anyway Prime_217, to answer your question:

For the modelkits, you can buy them from RobotKingdom. (which a lot of members here use)

Also from eToysJapan. Note that their stock is from Hasbro Hong Kong, despite having "Japan" in the store name. I've used them several times and never had a problem. They're also super polite and respond to emails pretty much straight away.

Now, on to my question! I think Gok might have the answer for this.

In fiction (any fiction), where do the cassette transformers come from and how do they end up teaming up with their respective boomboxes? I'm sure they all didn't go "Hey, we're just gonna hang out in your chest from now on, if you don't mind."

I get Ratbat (from Megatron Origin?) But how do Eject and Rewind et al end up in this position, and even think this is a good idea?

does that make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by tinyJazz View Post
    In fiction (any fiction), where do the cassette transformers come from and how do they end up teaming up with their respective boomboxes? I'm sure they all didn't go "Hey, we're just gonna hang out in your chest from now on, if you don't mind."

I get Ratbat (from Megatron Origin?) But how do Eject and Rewind et al end up in this position, and even think this is a good idea?

does that make sense?
    It does and I think that is a very interesting question that I too am looking forward to an answer too!

that's exactly how it happened!

I know the Cyberverse action sets are not counted in the universal counting method but what about The Ark set? Surely the Ark should be counted as it's own entity.

Quote Originally Posted by LordCyrusOmega View Post
    I know the Cyberverse action sets are not counted in the universal counting method but what about The Ark set? Surely the Ark should be counted as it's own entity.
    Or at least Roller... I can understand the play-sets not being counted as they aren't sentient, but surely the Transformer they come with are.

Anyway Prime_217, to answer your question:

For the modelkits, you can buy them from RobotKingdom. (which a lot of members here use)

Also from eToysJapan. Note that their stock is from Hasbro Hong Kong, despite having "Japan" in the store name. I've used them several times and never had a problem. They're also super polite and respond to emails pretty much straight away.
    THANKYOU SOOOO MUCH that is awesome and it's cheaper than BBTS

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Or at least Roller... I can understand the play-sets not being counted as they aren't sentient, but surely the Transformer they come with are.
    Roller is...I'm fairly sure. I just think the Ark has enough story to be included and I can't update my count until I know for sure.

The G1 cartoon simply explained that under Megatron's rule, the Decepticons developed the art of espionate using cassette technology (how advanced!) and that the Autobots countered this later on by creating the Autobot cassettes with "Blaster as their guardian." As you know, IDW has offered an explanation for the Decepticon cassettes - some like Rumble and Frenzy volunteered to be rebuilt, others like Ratbat, not so voluntarily.

In G1 it seemed that being a cassette didn't necessarily mean you had to be attached to Soundwave or Blaster. For instance, Ratbat was on Cybertron for millenia as Decepticon fuel auditor while Soundwave was "lost" on Earth. And when he eventually came to Earth and become Decepticon commander, Soundwave (as well as the other Earth-bound Decepticons) became subservient to Ratbat!

Raindance and Grandslam existed as cassettes long before they ever encountered Blaster - in fact, we ONLY saw them as cassettes in G1 (they never transformed to robot mode). Blaster actually ejected them by regurgitation which is kinda gross...

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Raindance and Grandslam existed as cassettes long before they ever encountered Blaster
    And long before cassettes were invented. Like... hundreds of years before.