Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Australia Post lost my parcel.. help?

Default Australia Post lost my parcel.. help?

hai ozbots

i ordered mp wheeljack and smokescreen from chimungmung in october, and the tracking says they were delivered.. but nothing ever arrived, i was home all day and there was no knock, no pickup note left, nothing, so i assume it was delivered to the wrong address. we live at number 31 and asked all the neighbours and the people at number 13 in case the deliverer got the number backwards, and also nothing.

melbourne cup tuesday is a public holiday in victoria because hey lets all celebrate gambling, animal cruelty and the filthy rich, and the supposed delivery was on wednesday - the post office said wednesday was super busy because of the public holiday the day before, so if anything happened that would be why, and to fill out an investigation form. their attitude was very 'we dont care'. tony from chimungmung was super helpful and forwarded the pdf of the customs form attached to the parcel to help with the investigation details.

so the response to the investigation finally came in today with a lovely 'i am pleased to see the article you were expecting has been delivered. our tracking shows it was delivered on wednesday the 5th of november'. like.. really? did they take nearly two weeks to plug in the tracking number and find out what i already knew? no mention of the fact we never actually received anything? that is not an investigation!

in all this time no one has come forward to return the thing to the post office or deliver it to us directly (which we've done in the past when a parcel was left here mistakenly, it was fun to play postie).

im at a loss about what to do now

Do you know where your delivery hub is? (Where the mail is sorted and the posties themselves are based) you can try their and get them to check if it was left there instead of the post office.

Unfortunately mate they are unlikely to do anything further. I had a similar issue about a year ago with an order from RK. Although with mine it was never actually delivered. Tracking showed it coming into customs here but then nothing for two months.

In the end they simply said it was lost and that it was a matter for insurance with the supplier. They basically take the view that they are not responsible so too bad...

Did you happen to purchase insurance for the delivery?

This happend to me last week with a box I sent. Fortunately it was found. I would be contacting Aust post again

yea, I'd get back in touch with Auspost again and go through the whole story making sure to mention any tracking numbers and the job numbers for the investigation and the reply.
    sounds like you might have copped someone doing the lazy job hopefully next time you will get someone who puts in a bit more effort.

I had pretty good help from them a month or so ago when I lost something though it never turned up, it was marked as undeliverable and was supposed to be sent back to the TF Club but never arrived there.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

You think they left it at your door step and someone stole it?

okay, i'll try calling them and speaking to a human rather than entrusting another investigation document to the system that's already failed buut yeah it's looking pretty grim

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    Do you know where your delivery hub is? (Where the mail is sorted and the posties themselves are based) you can try their and get them to check if it was left there instead of the post office.
    i have no idea? the post office the investigation was filed at is the one i always have to go to when picking up things when they leave a notice but that's probably not the same thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    Unfortunately mate they are unlikely to do anything further. I had a similar issue about a year ago with an order from RK. Although with mine it was never actually delivered. Tracking showed it coming into customs here but then nothing for two months.

In the end they simply said it was lost and that it was a matter for insurance with the supplier. They basically take the view that they are not responsible so too bad...

Did you happen to purchase insurance for the delivery?
    ugh their entire THING is delivering stuff, if they aren't responsible then who is? -_-

i don't think so? im not sure how postage from china works with that, it was the standard postage chimungmung uses.. he valued it at US$50 so even IF there's ever some sort of recompense it won't cover the loss anyway

Quote Originally Posted by theshape View Post
    You think they left it at your door step and someone stole it?
    i doubt it? i mean it's always possible, but the front door is on this room so i hear pretty much everything, so even if it was left without knocking there's still the footsteps and that magic beep, herald of shinies.. and we're the back unit of a block of three and pretty safe from the street

The post office delivers parcels (that don't need signatures) by just placing them or throwing them at our front door and leaving. They never knock or anything to let us know that there is something at the door... I watch the van stop at the kerb, the guy get out, move quickly towards the door, and often throw the box so that he doesn't have to walk up 5 steps to the door. Then he leaves in the van.
    It is so easy to lose parcels these days because they don't even knock to make sure you know before a pedestrian knows, that a parcel has been delivered. How often do you go to the front of the house in a day? Even if you have schoolkids or a 9-5 worker, that's a lot of time in the day when you're not out the front of the house to know if something has been sitting there for several hours. How are most householders to see a parcel sitting there, before a stranger walking by does... especially if you live on a busy street or near a bus stop. And what if it rains with enough breeze to blow on the parcel.
    Even if the parcel deliverers are on a tight schedule and don't have time to make sure someone has come to the door, how long does it take to knock before rushing back to the van?

What's the point of tracking (which they force everyone to pay for now), if it can't prove that something was actually received, because any postal worker can say it was delivered without actually delivering it, or to the right address.
    Megatran had a similar issue with an item being sent to the wrong house on his street, and the neighbour opened it and destroyed it. But to Australia Post, in their system it was delivered, so they don't see it as being a problem that can be questioned or resolved.

This is why I pay to have a PO Box... and hate it when things like Ebay's Global Shipping Program forces you to use your street address on that item, AND on any other item you pay for at the same time that isn't on the GSP.
    I paid for seven items at once at the last ebay discount sale, but since one was on the GSP, all now have to be sent to my home address, even though six of them will be delivered by Australia Post, who clearly can not be trusted with parcels to home addresses. So for the next two weeks I have to be extra vigilant on listening out for the van, and try not to go out too often or for very long.

Damn dude, that sucks. I hope things work out, but gawd... what a nightmare.

Keep at Auspost. They are rubbish and will do anything to get out of taking responsibility. Point out that it is their job to deliver to you, that is what they are getting paid to do.
    You will likely have to make a pest out of yourself, just to get through to them.
    Good luck.
    Spiderken Away!