Thread: JB Hifi: ONE DAY/ONLINE ONLY 20% Off CDs/DVDs/Blu-Rays "Easter 2015" Sale

Default JB Hifi: ONE DAY/ONLINE ONLY 20% Off CDs/DVDs/Blu-Rays "Easter 2015" Sale

Hey guys,

Just wanted to pass along that JB Hifi is have a 1 day, Online only 20% Off Sale on CDs, DVDs & Blu-Rays today.

Perfect time to grab that Transformers media you've been holding off on for a while.

omg 20% dvds at JB Hi-fi, better be quick as this is a 1 in a life time experience
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

Quote Originally Posted by Handsprime View Post
    omg 20% dvds at JB Hi-fi, better be quick as this is a 1 in a life time experience
    The cynicism is strong with this one.

And BigW have 25% off DVDs and BluRays

Damn the Unicron Trilogy DVDs are expensive!

$37 for half of the series? WHOAH

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    The cynicism is strong with this one.
    hahaha to be honest it's just that JB Hi-fi does it so much and it's always 20%, feel like they should do a few 25% off sales
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

Sales is a term used now for normal pricing. Buying outside of a sale is being ripped off. Dunno why they just can't price appropriately and not have these weak sales promotion and then once or twice have a massive promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by dsphatlite View Post
    Sales is a term used now for normal pricing. Buying outside of a sale is being ripped off. Dunno why they just can't price appropriately and not have these weak sales promotion and then once or twice have a massive promotion.
    Well, it happens so much across so many stores that there must be some merit to what they're doing. Maybe there are enough casual buyers who aren't aware of the frequency of the sales so they buy more than they otherwise would because it feels like a good (and time limited) deal. Then there are the people who buy at full price because immediate gratification outweighs the savings from waiting (or a purchase is time critical for a gift or whatever).
    It's quite interesting. Big W has been pricing their Lego just below RRP and not discounting it further very often but just had massive discounts via their Drop Zone clearance. Whereas the likes of Target and Myer are just doing 20% off every few weeks but not much in the way of deep discounts. I wonder which approach works better overall.