Thread: JP AM Nightmare Unicron official images

Default JP AM Nightmare Unicron official images

From TakaraTomy's website, are official images of a black/silver Unicron from Arms Micron, called Nightmare Unicron. It is to be released March 30th, at stores that had the Satellite display/program (A matrix shaped TV promoting Transformers).
    It is 6,300yen (about AU$75), but is limited, so if you want one "cheap", you'll need to know someone in Japan who can personally buy one from a participating store.

The metallic colouring is amazingly well done... it actually looks like diecast.

I don't own this mould... is it worth $75?? Does seem pret-ty darn expensive.

Looks awesome! Reminds me more of a Megatron than a Unicron though.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I don't own this mould... is it worth $75?? Does seem pret-ty darn expensive.
    I say because I own the am 19 that he alright but not worth 75 dollars since the only mode that is good is the robot mode.

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeSoundwave View Post
    I say because I own the am 19 that he alright but not worth 75 dollars since the only mode that is good is the robot mode.
    Yeah, I've seen someone else's AM19 (didn't personally handle it, but looked at it) -- didn't appear to be worth $75 for something that's essentially an "Armourformer" (kinda like Godbomber). $75 is breaching Ultra Class RRP.

The first one would be worth it for being a show toy, but this second one is only worth it if you value the exclusivity of it, or really like the fake metal look they managed to do on this one.

Doesn't appeal to me.
    Was this version in the show as like a statue or something? I'm not sure...
    If only his toy had been gigantic like in the show, like supreme, especially with most Prime toys being quite small.

I have the original, and like it a fair bit.

I don't really see the point of the repaint, which goes for a lot of the other Japanese repaints, especially the Megatron ones, that are less and less like the show appearance.

the original AM Unicron though, has a great show like paint job, and while it's an absolutely odd alt mode, I think it really works with the legion toys:

Ignoring the Robot Heroes, you can see the "mountanous scale of the Unicron against the cyberverse scale, embodying the "concept" of his appearance in the show, better than I expected them to.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The first one would be worth it for being a show toy, but this second one is only worth it if you value the exclusivity of it, or really like the fake metal look they managed to do on this one.
    Robotkingdom has him for 64.90 at the moment. I preordered him awhile back at this price when I decided to get Nemesis Prime. Still don't know if I will combine them, but wanted the option withoutchasingthem down at a later point.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

This figure must have been released this week as well, as in-hand images have been posted up.