Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PS4: Your Thoughts?

imagine d/l an 8gig game ... i going to have to wait like 2 days before i can play a game that a payed for No more pre ordering games cause you going to start late anyways . What about popular games.. can they hand the d/l on the first day like Diablo3 did..what a joke that was and that a company dedicated to online gaming!!

"confirming an 8 core x86-64 CPU from AMD codenamed "Jaguar" ...is that an omen to what to come for the ps4? the way of Atari ....

Quote Originally Posted by 1orion2many View Post
    I haven't had an interest in the playstation since the first one, Went X-Box and never looked back but that's just personal preference. I miss my Sega days
    I've returned to mine! Sega Saturn for evvvvaaaaarrrrsssss!

Yeah, I've got no interest in this either. I don't want to pay for games that I already own just to play them on the PS4 and I have no need to connect to social networking sites like Facebook using my game console (I don't have and never will have a FB account). Improved graphics are all well and good, but if it plays like a rabid dog, I'm gonna put it down pretty quick.

Bring back the good ol' days when game consoles played games - and that's it.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 1orion2many View Post
    ... I miss my Sega days
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    I've returned to mine! Sega Saturn for evvvvaaaaarrrrsssss!
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    ...Bring back the good ol' days when game consoles played games - and that's it.
    I will never get rid of my Sega Megadrive II for that very reason.

I must say though, backwards compatibility certainly has become much more of an importance to people than I thought it had, especially if this thread & twitter is anything to go by.
    Clearly I must be tech-dated as I tend to feel that the expectation of backwards compatibility is silly , but if one is FORCED to buy games that one already owns then THAT is far & away more silly - It's actually quite unfair & wrong in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    I will never get rid of my Sega Megadrive II for that very reason.

I must say though, backwards compatibility certainly has become much more of an importance to people than I thought it had, especially if this thread & twitter is anything to go by.
    Clearly I must be tech-dated as I tend to feel that the expectation of backwards compatibility is silly , but if one is FORCED to buy games that one already owns then THAT is far & away more silly - It's actually quite unfair & wrong in my opinion.
    I have close to $2K worth of games for my PS3. Most of them I quite enjoy and have played through at least twice. I don't see it as asking to much to be able to play those games on a new system. But from what I have read it seems that what is being said is true, you can play your old games, but you have to download it. And if you have to pay, then Sony can kiss my ar$e.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Won't be getting one for a long time, the placeholder price for the console is $899.00

Quote Originally Posted by Kazza View Post
    Won't be getting one for a long time, the placeholder price for the console is $899.00
    Cheaper than the PS3 debut price. That was $999 or $1099 depending on where you bought it.

And no. I didn't pay that much.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

I remember paying about $700 for the PS1 when it was first released The trick is to be happy with what you've got and wait for the inevitable price drop. First generation games are rarely any good anyway.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I remember paying about $700 for the PS1 when it was first released The trick is to be happy with what you've got and wait for the inevitable price drop. First generation games are rarely any good anyway.
    True words.

The games library will not start of that great and by the time it picks up (assuming it does), the console will likely be half price and with add ons.

If I remember correctly, the biggest criticism of the PS3 was a lack of games library at release and this lasted for a while. It finally kicked into gear several months later, maybe a year before it gained strength.

i'll wait and see.
    they have only recently stopped making ps2 games, so i think the ps3 will be sweet for a while. stick with it. i often stop in skyrim and stare at the water and think, WOOOOOAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!! How far we have come in 10 years (i DL from ps-store a bit, psone games etc, mainly for my vita.) So these specs do make me want this, but not on release, i expect a 750 to 900 on release.