Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New info Transformers: Robots in Disguise

Default New info Transformers: Robots in Disguise

Source

“Transformers: Robots in Disguise” will be the name of Hasbro’s new animated series starring its shape-shifting characters.

The Hasbro Studios-produced series, which will bow on The Hub kids channel in spring 2015, will feature the voices of Darren Criss (“Glee”), Constance Zimmer (“House of Cards”), Mitchell Whitfield (“TMNT”) and Ted McGinley (“Married with Children”).

Hasbro is revealing new details of the project, first announced in March, as the company is about to head to the Licensing Expo in Las Vegas. Event takes place June 17-19 from the Mandalay Bay Convention Center. Hasbro has long seen animated series as a way to keep and grow a young fanbase around its Transformers outside of the megaplex and fuel interest in a merchandise program beyond just action figures.

Series will introduce a redesign of Bumblebee and introduce new Autobot characters Sideswipe and Fixit (see above).

Criss will voice Sideswipe, while Whitfield will bring Fixit to life.

Show takes place years after “Transformers Prime,” when Bumblebee is summoned to save Earth from a new faction of Decepticons and assembles a rogue team of young Autobots that includes a rebel bad boy bot, an elite guard cadet, a bombastic Dinobot and hyperactive Mini-Con to capture their new enemies.

Each new bot is a fully capable action hero but inexperienced in working together in a team, forcing Bumblebee to become both squad leader and coach, Hasbro said.

“Robots in Disguise’s” creative team includes kids programming vets Jeff Kline (“Transformers Prime”) as executive producer; producer Adam Beechen (“The Adventures of Chuck and Friends”); and Steven Melching, a writer on “Star Wars: The Clone Wars,” who will serve as the show’s story editor.
    Recent Additions:
    Robosen Auto Converting Optimus Prime
    Incoming:
    Canon Optimus
    Wishlist:
    MP Jazz, MP Ricochet, MP Waspinator
    Selling:
    Lots, just need to sort it out.
    Looking For:
    Seige Cyberton upgrade Optimus Prime

Sounds very 'kiddie'. I don't have high hopes for this at all.

Enough with bumblebee... he is not the main character and looks like they are ditching the traditional leaders...
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Why do I get the impression that in order to avoid confusion Hasbro will have had IDW wrap up their RID title by the time this starts?

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    Enough with bumblebee... he is not the main character and looks like they are ditching the traditional leaders...
    I don't mind them not having Optimus as the leader for a season but I'd love to see Rodimus be the leader instead as he seems perfect for the role they have described.

Yep - enough with fricken Bumblebee! To think all those years ago during the first RID cartoon (why not name it MTMTE instead of using an already used name?) and the subsequent Unicron Wars trilogy I kept thinking "It'd be nice to see Bee back on the scene

Sideswipe coming back is cool, it'll be interesting to see if Fixit bears any resemelence to his G1 origins.

Another TF-RID series? Hasbro are certainly making it tough for us to refer to different series... by recycling the name.

I'm a little suprised they're having a shiny red 'bad-boy' robot and making him Sideswipe instead of Knockout. I would have thought that flows on from TFPrime more logically.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
    I'm a little suprised they're having a shiny red 'bad-boy' robot and making him Sideswipe instead of Knockout. I would have thought that flows on from TFPrime more logically.
    Because Knockout wasn't a "bad boy" also takes place years after prime.

It's only just been announced and look at all tthe negativity

I read the synopsis and thought "shit, I was hoping not to be overly interested in the next series so I could save some money on toys"

I like the sound of the concept, bumblebee being a leader of a small team does flow from his role towards the end of Prime Beast hunters. The "team that's not a team yet" idea has been done before but I like it, it helps to make the character interactions more interesting and the production crew they've announced sounds like there is a fair bit of good experience in there.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I don't mind the stylised version, Animated was brilliant. This has more of a Ben 10 vibe to it, I hope the designs translate to toys alright.
    Good to See Swipe getting some loving, and I suppose we will be getting Grimlock as the Dinobot.

It seems like a strange design in terms of story and setting, following the quite dark and 3d animated Prime with a cartoon style (bet it is still a 3d program) follow up in the same universe.

Time will tell if this was a good move or not, but I do hope the comic RiD is not affected and I wonder why they are re-using the Robots in disguise moniker again?
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)