Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Collector Club Subscription set 3 now open for orders

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    BBTS is probably the cheapest option on its own.
    Thanks.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

The artwork of the final Subscription figure has been released (Gen2 Starsceam), with about a week left before pre-orders close.

And to further promote the toys, a 22 page comic has been done up, to be released digitally on the Club website tomorrow (not sure if it will be public, or viewable by logged in members - likely to be public if they are wanting to use it to sell more of the Subscription figures).
    The comic follows on from last year's BotCon Machine Wars comic, but may not require reading that comic first.
    The comic is being listed as Issue #9 of the Timelines series, which only now made me realise that this year's BotCon comic skipped ahead to issue #10 (last year's was #8 - and I didn't see anyone else pick up on the missing issue number).

Probably done to allow them to match up the issue number with their convention number for the anniversary this year (because they did two Issue #1 for 2005 & 2006, but 2005 was Volume 1, while the other 9 BotCon issues are Volume 2)... allowing them to slot in this non-BotCon issue into Volume 2.

So that would be this one?

No as easy to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    So that would be this one?

No as easy to get.
    Just keep checking daily, Tober
    They put up one lot which sold out & then had more preorders made available. It's still early days & hopefully someone may cancel their preorder.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    They put up one lot which sold out & then had more preorders made available. It's still early days & hopefully someone may cancel their preorder.
    Cool, thanks. Will keep an eye on it.

One of the few promises they've kept, but they are usually worse with long-term scheduling (this was just a next-day promise)... the free comic is up, which can be directly accessed here.
    (it's 60Mb, and took me ages to view/download it, so be patient, or maybe try it a little later when the Americans are done accessing it)

It also includes profiles of four of the six Subscription figures (missing G2 Starscream and Nacelle).

There's no mention of it being taken down after a period of time, but best to view/save it as soon as you can, in case it disappears suddenly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Just got a pre-order in.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    (it's 60Mb, and took me ages to view/download it, so be patient, or maybe try it a little later when the Americans are done accessing it)
    Explains why it took me over 20 minutes to get it to load on my phone this morning. I was going to read in to the train but the trip was over before even one page loaded!

The catalogue and pretty pictures at the back did me in, and I bought a set. Reminds me of the old G1 catalogues each year
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

I do get the feeling that they've released this comic early to increase interest. I'm still on the fence but I haven't read the comic yet.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)