1 33.33%

Thread: Beast Wars: Nightglider

Default Beast Wars: Nightglider

Series - Beast Wars
    Sub-line - Transmetal 2
    Size/class - Basic
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Released here - Yes
    Approximate Retail Price - $9 - $16(do have recipts but eh)
    Approximate Size -
    Allegiance - Maximal
    Alt-mode - Flying Squirrel
    Main Features/Gimmicks - ?
    Main Colours - Orange
    Main Accessories - Sword

I like this figure better than Sonar. He comes with a sword which tucks away nicely in beast mode. Looks better than Sonar and his wings look like they are torn in places. He comes with a sword!! That earns cool points right there. Forget what transformation is like Been too long

6/10

This is one of the better basics IMHO. Quite like this figure. Looks good in both modes (for a basic), and yes, any bot that is armed with a sword is cool by default.
    Recommend picking up Nightglider if you get the chance (& are into BW).
    TF Figs of 2023:
    1) WnR Springer
    2) Legacy Bludgeon
    3) Legacy Leo Prime/Nemesis Leo Prime.

Nightglider's easily my favourite Transmetal 2 toy. I remember first getting this toy and finding it surprisingly better than what I was expecting. The sword is also a really cool accessory too; it's free of any alt mode kibble (and thus looks more like a "true" sword) yet stows away neatly in beast mode. It's not prone to falling out like bat Primal's sabres, nor does it get bent in storage like Drift's sword. I also really like how he proudly displays his Maximal insignia on his chest... something that's a bit of rarity in Beast Wars toys (most other BW figures tend to either not have a faction logo, or the logo is hidden or placed somewhere obscure).

My only criticism is the rather bland looking paint apps on the head. It would have been nice to have some colours on it to highlight the face and some other features, as seen on CR Guildo (RiD Dark Scream).Otherwise the colours on the rest of the toy are fine IMO.

I also like this guy and pretty much for all the reasons that Klystron and Goki have said, but also for the fact he is a VTOL too!