Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RUMOUR: BotCon 2014 Is At...

So much for the notice in the last issue of the Club Magazine, that the location of BotCon 2014 would be announced by the end of Fall (if you go by the months, that would be November).

Then again, some people say that in America, the Fall/Autumn ends at the Winter solstice, which is usually around the 20th December. So if they go by that, then we probably won't hear anything until about Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    So much for the notice in the last issue of the Club Magazine, that the location of BotCon 2014 would be announced by the end of Fall (if you go by the months, that would be November).

Then again, some people say that in America, the Fall/Autumn ends at the Winter solstice, which is usually around the 20th December. So if they go by that, then we probably won't hear anything until about Christmas.
    which isn't that far away now.

was it two years ago they released the botcon brochure the week of Christmas? that's a bit of bugger for me, the internet at the Inlaws place in Brisbane is choppy at best.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Apparently the current issue of the Club magazine has mentioned that the location and details for 2014 are now locked in, and an announcement will be made as soon as they can make sure that Registration site is upgraded. (not sure why they need to wait, as they always announce the location and release the brochure weeks or even months before registration opens)

I'd like to go to BotCon again next year but the Club Management just frustrates me so much I feel like I don't want to give them any money.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I'd like to go to BotCon again next year but the Club Management just frustrates me so much I feel like I don't want to give them any money.
    Yea, but it's the 30th anniversary, and I'll be there

The 25th Anniversary BotCon didn't make (enough of) a big deal about it because it was a "Movie year". And the problem is that next year is also a "Movie year".

I do want an overseas trip next year, and BotCon is an attractive option, but this tease of details is not great for planning.

Tease of details, you make it sound like the club aren't good at communicating with fans... oh wait. never mind.

It is worth noting that when I was looking on the Pasadena Sheraton booking site, the hotel was "not available" during the rumoured dates of 18-22 June.

If BotCon is actually there, either the entire hotel is now full during those dates (including all the non-refundable rooms)... or, they've stopped taking more reservations until the convention is announced.

The one thing I don't like about this particular BotCon hotel, is that of all the ones I've been to so far, it seems to be the only one that doesn't have "over expensive" top-floor rooms.... for the rich, or the very desperate (who may try to cram in heaps of people to offset the cost). It just has two classes - "regular" and "club".

With the cheapest rooms being $165 or $199 (depending on the day), it would be sad (or funny) if BotCon was announced to be somewhere else, and the Pasadena Sheraton was just a temporary hold by FunPub until they finally decided on the 2014 location.... and all those people who paid non-refundable amounts lose a lot of money (some online rates are non-refundable). And then FunPub would be blamed as if it was their fault for not verifying/rejecting the location, way back before they had details locked in.

Personally, I'm actually hoping that the Pasadena hotel WAS just one of the holds by FunPub and it is somewhere else in Los Angeles... not because I won't be able to get into that hotel now, but because I've been there three times now, so would like a new area of the city to explore. (I'd feel bad for anyone who loses a deposit though)