Page 120 of 183 FirstFirst ... 100110115116117118119120121122123124125130140 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1830

Thread: Transformers Venting thread!

So just to follow up about my broken Apeface, I actually fixed the ratchet joint!

To keep it brief, there is basically a screw that holds the two crank style pieces together. Somehow it came undone. Anyway, it was a simple fix in the end, as I used a screw driver angled through his cockpit to reach the screw head, and just rotated his arm until it became firm and started clicking again.

Although I'm curious now, does this mean that over rotating ratchet joints is potentially no good for them?

But yeah, I'm so happy!
    WANTS
    G1 Vortex w/ weapons
    Beast Wars Basic Rattrap head and gun

Hazar!

Quote Originally Posted by davieanix View Post
    Although I'm curious now, does this mean that over rotating ratchet joints is potentially no good for them?
    I have no idea. Might be best to ask that here, and I suspect that kup may be best qualified to answer this question.

Quote Originally Posted by davieanix View Post
    So just to follow up about my broken Apeface, I actually fixed the ratchet joint!

To keep it brief, there is basically a screw that holds the two crank style pieces together. Somehow it came undone. Anyway, it was a simple fix in the end, as I used a screw driver angled through his cockpit to reach the screw head, and just rotated his arm until it became firm and started clicking again.

But yeah, I'm so happy!
    Nice work!,
    If you mean by over rotating, moving it a lot, there will be some wear, though only noticeable over decades. In this case I'd suggest that over time the friction of the joint has slowly unwound the screw until it came loose. What you've done is most likely the best solution short of installing a spring washer which probably wouldn't fit in the space available.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    I find that is not the case, red alert plus has proved is nothing to do with licensing.

You only need license for the car not colour. Of course nobody wants to say that different.
    It's good to know you were involved in the licensing negotiations and can tell us all the conditions that VW put on it.

Please tell us more...
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    It's good to know you were involved in the licensing negotiations and can tell us all the conditions that VW put on it.

Please tell us more...
    Unless I am shown a document that says bumble bee is to be this orange colour, I am not convinced it has anything to do with it. It's an old design toy.

And since red alert had no significant boundaries of how a Lamborghini white should be I think the plus version has basically shows is not a colour license issue.

Of course I can be wrong, but I very much doubt Vw is going to cry over what colour they decided to paint as they did red gold with no issues

I grow out of it anyway. I find it funny how people can go one end of the spectrum saying TT is going for screen accuracy and then when is not is said because of license colour?

Another example is Optimus prime, he has solid yellow on his waist but TT does those translucent pieces but hey nobody cares to say is a license thing or is just bad screen accuracy?

Pretty sure this issue has been ridden so hard it's now barely the dust of an equine skeleton.

With the Lambor mould, the red and yellow editions had to be a set colour due to the licensing conditions to match the colours used by production cars. As Red Alert's colour scheme does not match a standard production car's colour, there's no need to pick a particular shade.

With BB, as the license was issued to Takara by a completely different company, the above info isn't really relevant, but again it seems that VW dictated that if they wanted to use their branding/likeness, they had to do it properly with the correct shade of yellow.

And when bringing up MP10, well, as there's no "official" colour scheme for that vehicle, and there's far less prestige to the brand, it seems quite clear the license was much more open to Takara (if the indeed actually got one.)

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I think what I am saying is if it's not from a TT representatives spokesman, I don't think we really know the actual reason or deal within the colour.

Imo we are making them up as they are possible answers but it's not a confirm answer. Mind you it is possibly correct but I do open my speculation if that's is actually the case.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    I think what I am saying is if it's not from a TT representatives spokesman, I don't think we really know the actual reason or deal within the colour.
    Then please stop bringing it up (please), as it has been discussed at length before, and each time it resurfaces, it just annoys others who have since moved on from the discussion.

If I'd resisted I could have Victorion today. But nope, sitting in my BBTS pol.

At leAst even with conversion rates and postage the price works out the same. And having her in does lower the postage overall for other figures

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    If I'd resisted I could have Victorion today. But nope, sitting in my BBTS pol.

At leAst even with conversion rates and postage the price works out the same. And having her in does lower the postage overall for other figures
    As my Wife says 'you're practically saving money!'

yes, the roll eyes is inside the quotes.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)