Thread: Mastermind Creations Knight Morpher Annihilator

Default Mastermind Creations Knight Morpher Annihilator

Courtesy of TFW2005.com, Mastermind Creations has released new pics of their upcoming Repaint & minor Retool of their very popular Knight Morpher figure called Annihilator - sporting a new Black and Gold paint scheme and a Replaceable head.
    (I'm not sure if the new head is pictured or not?)

I think that it's tributing The Fallen. Very nice though, the colors work really well on the sculpt.

I like it too, it has a very Industrial Revolution-esque, Steam Punk-type vibe to the paint scheme, which I like a lot.

I dunno, seeing this colour scheme sort of makes me want to get this version over the original... decisions, decisions.

the original in my opinion wasnt very good at all.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiden View Post
    the original in my opinion wasnt very good at all.
    Could you elaborate for me dude? I'm really considering picking this version up as I have a bit of a Family affinity for Steam Locos.

Courtesy of Seibertron.com, Mastermind Creations have just posted a slew of new pics of their upcoming Annihilator Repaint/Retool on their site.

I'm with kaiden: IMO KMC is not great value on a quality to cost ratio.

Pros:
    * Third party original.
    * High attention to detailing on mold.
    * Great packaging.

Cons:
    * Feeble plastic on toy - parts will fatigue or give way (unlike City Commander, KMC is definitely not for play). Note: the sword weapon.
    * Feeble plastic on some joints - in particular, the issue that most people has raised on forums and YouTube is a weak blue-translucent joining peg on the right (or left?) arm. A good type of plastic to use would be those found on Generations Drift's ball joints - soft yet sturdy.
    * Incredibly tight joints on some other areas. This snowballs with the first two cons - you've basically got to use much force on easily breakable plastic to get him into the right position.
    * Simplistic transformation (for those who love transformers for their aesthetics in ingenuity).

I was completely chuffed to secure mine at the beginning of the year, but after transforming it twice, it has since been back in storage. And I am not a MISB/MIB collector.

If they went through the trouble to change the quality of plastic for this mold, it would make a great toy justifying it's high price.

Internat personality, Vange1us, has posted a review of the Knight Morpher Annihilator figure.
    Interestingly, he points out that all the issues with the previous version of the figure have been addressed, even going so far as to supplying a replacement head for the Prime coloured original.
    This review has sold me on picking this version up for Xmas!

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Internat personality, Vange1us, has posted a review of the Knight Morpher Annihilator figure.
    Interestingly, he points out that all the issues with the previous version of the figure have been addressed, even going so far as to supplying a replacement head for the Prime coloured original.
    This review has sold me on picking this version up for Xmas!
    can i have your replacement head? :P

Quote Originally Posted by kaiden View Post
    can i have your replacement head? :P
    If and when I get it, may-be dude.