Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: TFSS 4.0

That is a disgusting colour scheme! The Thunderwing head looks ok not a huge fan but i think I, glad I'm not getting this TFSS, although I like Impactor
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Combined mode is Thunderwing as people had speculated (although called Thunder Mayhem)

Picture on Twitter https://twitter.com/The_TF_Club/stat...26083811151872

Matrix of Leadership not necessarily included.
    Matrix included (MP Rodimus Prime's Matrix)

https://twitter.com/the_tf_club/stat...60499220504577

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGalvatron View Post
    That is a disgusting colour scheme! The Thunderwing head looks ok not a huge fan but i think I, glad I'm not getting this TFSS, although I like Impactor
    I always wish they had done a Thunderwing from the TFPrime Wii game - he looked awesome!

You gotta hand it to 'em though, each year they keep pushing the envelope with the added features and changes.
    If it includes the die-cast matrix from MP Rodimus, of maybe 1000-odd units, that's quite an achievement to secure from Hasbro. Plus having weapons from a different toy mould (Arcee & Go Prime) that isn't included in the set (all seven are noted as being Combiner Wars moulds)... similar to this year's subscription toys having Microns and Kreo, it can't imagine that it would have been something Hasbro would have been keen to do in such limited numbers without some considerable expense... especially if moulds are at different factories (China & Vietnam) for them to be transported to a single location for packing (if in bags like BotCon toys and on card like Club store exclusives) and THEN sent to America.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Combined mode is Thunderwing as people had speculated (although called Thunder Mayhem)

Picture on Twitter https://twitter.com/The_TF_Club/stat...26083811151872

Matrix of Leadership not necessarily included.
    if it can fit on leader thundercracker I can make better thunderwing

seems like I will buy the limbs and nothing else

Quote Originally Posted by fatbot View Post
    The combined mode is hideous! The head looks good, but the colour scheme is horrible, even when compared to G2 figures
    I think the combined mode chest wings should be mostly grey or at least more like Thunderwings black shoulder pads.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    You gotta hand it to 'em though, each year they keep pushing the envelope with the added features and changes.
    If it includes the die-cast matrix from MP Rodimus, of maybe 1000-odd units, that's quite an achievement to secure from Hasbro. Plus having weapons from a different toy mould (Arcee & Go Prime) that isn't included in the set (all seven are noted as being Combiner Wars moulds)... similar to this year's subscription toys having Microns and Kreo, it can't imagine that it would have been something Hasbro would have been keen to do in such limited numbers without some considerable expense... especially if moulds are at different factories (China & Vietnam) for them to be transported to a single location for packing (if in bags like BotCon toys and on card like Club store exclusives) and THEN sent to America.
    The cost of shipping one box of 2000 plastic guns would not be that high surely.
    the matrix is a nice touch.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

It's not just the shipping, it's the logistics of only producing 1-2 thousand at a factory that is geared for hundreds of thousands, and moulds that have multiple parts, not just the guns. So the added hassle of picking out parts from whole toys would add to the cost of the factory being able to do it... plus the cost of specially shipping that small amount of parts or toys from different factories to the one location for construction or packing.

A closer look at the Combiner head, sculpted to look like Gen1 Thunderwing.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    It's not just the shipping, it's the logistics of only producing 1-2 thousand at a factory that is geared for hundreds of thousands, and moulds that have multiple parts, not just the guns. So the added hassle of picking out parts from whole toys would add to the cost of the factory being able to do it... plus the cost of specially shipping that small amount of parts or toys from different factories to the one location for construction or packing.

A closer look at the Combiner head, sculpted to look like Gen1 Thunderwing.
    true it's a small run but I get the impression that weapons are commonly gated on moulds these days, unless they are entirely separate. the big expense would be the setup overhead for the mould and plastic for the short run. It's obviously something they can afford to do though.

I do like the combined mode head, it looks like that's a actual photo given the comments which is impressive, it looks very crisp.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

About a day and a half left people - as the pre-order period ends at about midday our time on Thursday.

I placed my order today... and it is funny when recycling of webpages and order forms leads to specific details of an earlier version that were not updated.

Thanks for your participation to our second offering of a Transformers Figure Subscription Service! Don't forget to check the club store for other great items
    Sorry... it's the fourth offering.