Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nuremberg Toy Fair News - CW Computron, Defensor...

I can't see why they couldn't just drop Best Wars Characters in amongst the toy line, look at Rhinox, Rattrap and Waspinator this year. not officially part of the thrilling 30 but still in the main line.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I know that, but I was suggesting a 5-part combiner that had five Beast Wars characters that were not combiners in the original cartoon or comics (or as original toys)... just to really see if it would rub up BW fans the wrong way.
    Optimus, Rattrap, Rhinox, Cheetor, and Dinobot combine to form... Firstepisodicus!

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I can't see why they couldn't just drop Best Wars Characters in amongst the toy line, look at Rhinox, Rattrap and Waspinator this year. not officially part of the thrilling 30 but still in the main line.
    I thought the Thrilling 30 was Hasbro's 30-odd not-very-special toys that they released last year (the store exclusives and Platinum editions). Didn't think it had anything much to do with Generations apart from Windblade being considered part of it.

If the Computron rumour turns out to be true, I wonder if Scattershot would end up being a heavy retool of Silverbolt. Unfortunately, if Defensor and Computron are the other two combiners we don't know about yet, that would leave the Decepticons with just two combiners, and for those who don't want to buy redecos, make a hard choice between Optimus Prime and Motormaster. It does seem likely, though I wonder what happened to the rumoured first season Autobots who were going to combine with Optimus?

It does leave the question of what the other Voyager might be wide open. I'd hope for another Decepticon, but which one? If they are planning on extending the series to next year, I suppose they could release Onslaught this year and the rest of the Combaticons next. Onslaught would probably be a redeco of Hot Spot, as speculated.

Final point of speculation: it would seem likely that Afterburner and Groove would share a mould. If that is the case, then who would be the sixth member of the Technobots?

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    Optimus, Rattrap, Rhinox, Cheetor, and Dinobot combine to form... Firstepisodicus!
    It's more likely to come with Tigatron because Cheetor is dead. And Airazor is a legend that becomes a gun.

Oh and Cheetor is in the TakTom release and a TRU exclusive.

I know that, but I was suggesting a 5-part combiner that had five Beast Wars characters that were not combiners in the original cartoon or comics (or as original toys)... just to really see if it would rub up BW fans the wrong way.

If it is true... Computron would be an awesome addition to the CW line up. Computron and Abominus have to be wave mates.

Predaking is the largest of all the G1 combiners, IMO he needs to be 5 Voyager sized toys but not as big as the titan Devastator.

I dont think that will happen, I am sure it will be 1 voyager and 4 deluxe but I still will be happy with that.

If it was that or nothing I guess I'd be ok with that, but I'd much rather new non combining molds for the show cast that haven't got them yet.
    guess we'll see what the second half of 2016 may bring.

Computron is cool anyway so hopefully the 2016 assortment of combiner wars won't disappoint. Computron, Bruticus?, Abominus?, etc? and if all else fails Maximal Maximus featuring Voyager Optimus Primal, Deluxe Tigatron, Airrazor, Silverbolt and Rhinox and legends Rattrap?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Agnew View Post
    Year Of The Goat repaints?
    That would be strange to get YOT(?) repaints before an acurate/original colour G1 reissue. Not saying it's not true - but aren't all the YOT(?) repaints based on molds that have already been released in original colours first?

This is because there are only a set number of 2015 Combiner toys (16 Deluxe and 6 Voyager) and we know enough to rule out Predaking and Abominus this year.
    After my round of rampant speculation yesterday, I was just wondering if this refers to total number of releases this year all in, or just refers to new moulds? If it's new moulds only, that says there should be four full combiners released this year with two voyagers (Optimus and ???) left over. If it's all in then there are still four full combiners but the question of what's what is a bit more vexed. I had a quick search on the usual places and Google, but I couldn't find the specific panel report. Can you shed more light on it please?

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    After my round of rampant speculation yesterday, I was just wondering if this refers to total number of releases this year all in, or just refers to new moulds? If it's new moulds only, that says there should be four full combiners released this year with two voyagers (Optimus and ???) left over. If it's all in then there are still four full combiners but the question of what's what is a bit more vexed. I had a quick search on the usual places and Google, but I couldn't find the specific panel report. Can you shed more light on it please?
    They are usually pretty good with those being product numbers, not mould numbers. The last couple years they have quoted numbers in Press Releases for some Beast Hunters and Movie toy classes, and they've matched up exactly... which is good for collectors to know if a line has ended, or been axed.

They are usually pretty good with those being product numbers, not mould numbers. The last couple years they have quoted numbers in Press Releases for some Beast Hunters and Movie toy classes, and they've matched up exactly... which is good for collectors to know if a line has ended, or been axed.
    Thanks. That makes me think the four full combiners are Superion (confirmed), Menasor (confirmed), Defensor (seemingly confirmed), and Computron (rumoured out of Nuremburg). It stands to reason that Hasbro would prefer to have more Autobots than Decepticons, especially given that all of the leader class figures and the sole Titan are 'cons.

The six voyagers are Optimus, Silverbolt, Motormaster, Hot Spot (confirmed by the app), and two unknowns. If I'm right about Computron then I'd suggest that Scattershot would be one of those two, and could possibly be a heavy retool of Silverbolt. That leaves the other one, which I'm still leaning towards being Onslaught as a redeco of Hot Spot, since Hot Spot's mould actually already looks more like a military vehicle than a fire truck.

The deluxes are where the real uncertainty seems to come in. We have eight of those 16 confirmed. Defensor would seem to be a given with an Alpha Bravo redeco for one limb, and First Aid and "Rook" also confirmed. Assuming the rumours and product listings are correct, Defensor gives us the other four limbs. If I'm right about Computron, that then gives us the other four. However, the real uncertainty is regarding the rumour of certain other G1 characters being deluxe redecos of other Autobots (which has the recently revealed Legends Hot Rod backing it up). If that rumour is true - and there's more evidence for it than there is of Computron - then it blows that theory right out of the water, and leaves us with an unconfirmed Voyager yet again.

The resolution to that uncertainty might be that the full versions of Computron and Bruticus are not intended for release this year, since we know for sure that at least the fan-built combiner is intended for release next year. It would be odd for Hasbro to have those torsos out before their respective limbs, but not impossible given that they've so far chosen to mix up limbs for Menasor and Superion.

That does still leave the rumoured Slingshot and Wildrider redecos floating in the wind. I guess they could be exclusives. The existence of Slingshot, at least, is confirmed by the TakTom release but not necessarily its inclusion in Combiner Wars.

To summarise, my guesses based on the available information right now are:

Voyager

Optimus Prime - confirmed
    Silverbolt - confirmed
    Motormaster - confirmed
    Hot Spot - unofficially confirmed via app
    Scattershot - unconfirmed
    Onslaught - unconfirmed

Deluxe

Eight already released or confirmed to be part of wave 1 and wave 2.
    Protectobots (4 deluxes)
    Season 1 Autobots (4 deluxes) - could also include Slingshot and Wildrider alongside two other redecos instead.

Now I guess we just have to wait for Toy Fair, and then I can finally decide which CW toys I'll be buying!