Thread: Robots

Default Robots

Do people collect robots that don't transform? Planet video have robots that look like they are from the 80s lol

Yes, of course they do. Gundam robots usually dont transform for example. I have many other robots that dont transform either.

Got a pic of the ones in planet vid?

To be honest the majority of my collection is bots. I've had a thing for robots since i was a kid, I like Transformers but not as much as other lines.

Currently i have
    3 of the SOC spec Evangelion bots
    3 1/60 yamato SDF macross valkyries (although i guess they transform)
    the VF-25F from Frontier
    Hot toys Ironman mk VI (does he count as a bot? i guess not really..)
    2 of the huge 3A Heavy Brambles and 1 ofthe Dropcloths, their so epic, also got 2 of the Caesar bots on pre order to arrive early next year.

The great thing about robots is they come in so many different shapes, sizes and styles =]
    ~

Yep, sure do like other Robots/Mecha but my spending tends to get focussed on one particular franchise.

I quite like the Giant type robots such as Giant Robo, Shin Getter, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (Still yet to watch this series though), Voltron & the 1st series Power Ranger's Megazords.
    There is a multitude of other things I'd love to get but I just don't have the wallet or space for them at the moment.

I'd really like to take a further walk down the Soul of Chogokin line as I was really impressed with my Tekkaman Blade with Pegas and it's to my understanding that it's probably one of the lower-end figures in that line.

If I had money and space to burn, I'd definitely consider 3A's World War Robots - Big, Hefty, 'High-End' collectibles with a very 'Steam-Punk' WWI-II vibe.
    (This is probably something that wont eventuate any time soon though )

Also, Mazinger Z!

Well Ive always been fascinated by giant robots since being a kid. Back in Phil's 70-early 80s shows like Daimos, Mazinger Z, Danguard Ace, Gig robot, Mechanda and of course the great Voltes V dominated the screens, until it got banned by Martial law (too violent for kids) - which is why in Don Figueroa's artworks he made mention of this on some of his artworks - as he grew up in same era (were martial law babies). Ive never been able to have the money to get the diecast figures, and now that the great robots ( as what they are collectibly called) are making combacks toywise- still diecast they still are quite very expensive. although I would like to be able to own a big version of Voltes V. They did get re-aired and subbed in Filo in the early 2000s and the ending for Voltes was a major moviehouse success with yuppies from the older gen flocking to it to FINALLY after decades of deprivation get to see HOW the series ended. I went to see it as well

Modern Voltes V toy

Im also interested in the mechas of the Zords, but with so much rehash and versions of PR it's gotten so ridiculous. Another robot i wouldve liked to own is the Hikari Sentai MaskMan 5 Great 5 robot though this is veeeery hard to find nowadays prolly even in Japan itself. It's like a modernized Voltes robot for me

Maskman 5 Great 5 robot

As such though prices for both bots are quite high and I can't afford ATM as Im collecting already too many toys as it is...
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

I have several enemy mecha from Macross that don't transform.

Gundam (RX-78) and Evangelion (EVA 01) are the two most popular mecha. Patlabor, Zoids... MANY others.

And then there are the 70s giant robo series like The Big O that liegeprime just covered. Interestingly, Raideen is about to be relaunched as well (I think). I believe it was the first ever transforming robot... From the '60s I think...
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    Do people collect robots that don't transform
    I'm sure there's a few people here that collect the Robot Heroes line.

I love collecting robots. If you read my into thread I named off a few lines that I collect.
    Its one of my favorite pass times. I wish I could get an image of all of them. But I guess this one here has to do for now!

VGM out...

In addition to my Transformers (one of which is a non-transforming Robot Replica), I have several Evangelions, a few Aestivalises from Martian Successor Nadesico, and a RoboCop (does he count?).