Thread: Hasbro website may have been hacked

Default Hasbro website may have been hacked

There is word filtering out that the Hasbro site may have been hacked, or is an ongoing target, and a virus has been planted in their server somewhere that might infect visitors.

With the upcoming focus on the TF4 movie, it would be a good target for hackers to pre-emptively plant a virus and infect visitors before anti-virus programs are updated to combat it.

"A week ago (on Monday, January 20), as well as on January 14, 11, and 10, Hasbro’s website pushed malicious software to visitors’ computers. As with the Cracked.com compromise a week prior, the incident was the result of direct site compromise, and affected users were unlikely to have recognized that their computers were infected. For reference, below is a screenshot of Barracuda Labs’ malicious URL detection environment after a successful attack.

Given the frequency with which Hasbro's website has recently served drive-by downloads, Barracuda Labs recommends that users refrain from visiting the site until its operators have confirmed it is again safe."
    This is something that can happen on any site, if the host isn't vigilant on their security, so be careful, but don't be too paranoid... and be sure you have anti-virus software that regularly updates with new known viruses.

Sad people have the need to do this sort of thing.

Or you can just get a Mac.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    that argument doesn't hold as much water as it used to.
    and the main reason there were less virus attacks on mac than windows was the lack of people using a mac compared to peolple using windows. why attack tens of millions of users when you can attack billions with the same amount of effort.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    that argument doesn't hold as much water as it used to.
    and the main reason there were less virus attacks on mac than windows was the lack of people using a mac compared to peolple using windows. why attack tens of millions of users when you can attack billions with the same amount of effort.
    Yeah, every time I hear that 'use a Mac' remark, I just roll my eyes. The only reason they don't get as many viruses is because they are not as popular due to how limited they are compared to a PC.

Anyways, since there are so many hipster tossers out there getting Macs, expect the tables to turn in that regard.

Also, for those using Mozilla Firefox, I recommend adding this script blocking tool http://noscript.net/ because it stops scripts (duh ) Basically it will stop popups and any other background processes of a website from loading. Just when you visit a site, you would have to "allow" it to be able to view it properly, and occasionally some of the background processes, page widgets, plugins and javascripts and other stuff. But for peace of mind, I love it. Not saying it's gonna stop every malicious thing, but since using it, I've had no problems on the virus front.

Can't you Microsoft fanboys take a joke?

Can't you Microsoft fanboys take a joke?
    I don't like Microsoft or Android really so wouldn't consider myself a fanboy but I would choose either one over Apple any day