View Poll Results: Timelines Ramjet - worth getting?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • A dimension-hopping Ramjet psychopath? Hells yeah!

3 50.00%
  • Only if a member of the TFCC

2 33.33%
  • Only if...

0 0%
  • Na

0 0%
  • They should ram this jet into the side of a cliff!

1 16.67%

Thread: Toy Review - Timelines Ramjet

Default Toy Review - Timelines Ramjet

RAMJET
    Series – Timelines
    Wave – The last!
    Size/class - Deluxe
    New/remould/redeco – Redeco of Timelines Aramada Skywarp
    Released here – Only as part of the TFCC
    Approximate Retail Price - $50
    Approximate Size: 14cm
    Allegiance – Decepticon
    Alt-mode – 'Cybertronian Jet Fighter'
    Main Features/Gimmicks –Pushfire missiles
    Main Colours – White, Blue, Red
    Accessories: 2 x Swords

Robot Mode
    Very nice paint apps. The face has been done well, especially the fiery mouth and eyes, to portray a servant of Unicron. Well proportioned, feels new yet an obvious homage to the Universe: Ramjet that was based on the Armada: Skywarp figure. I just had some trouble detaching his swords for the robot mode – they seemed pretty jammed.

Vehicle Mode
    I don’t know why, but this looks and feels nicer than Generations Armada Starscream. Really portrays a Cybertronian Fighter Jet. There is the missile firing capability which adds more play value for the younger fans.

Transformation
    Very simply transforming from robot to jet and back again. Instructions not needed.

Overall
    This is a nice final figure from the TFCC. I didn’t think I would like it as much as I do. But well done to them for taking a very obscure character/toy and giving it a new lease of life. It may not be G1, it may not be BW, but it’s a good enough curtain call for Funpub to feel good about sending it out to it’s members.

I really liked Ramjets character in the TFCC comics as well as the Universe toy. I was very happy when this arrived at my door and I agree with your points. I did however vote 'only if you are a TFCC member' because unless you are familiar with the character this toy wont mean as much.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    RAMJET

I don’t know why, but this looks and feels nicer than Generations Armada Starscream. Really portrays a Cybertronian Fighter Jet. There is the missile firing capability which adds more play value for the younger at heart fans.
    fixed
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

My eyes! This toy is every bit as b'ugly as I remember Universe Ramjet being.

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    I really liked Ramjets.....Universe toy.
    You must've been one of very few people who did, cos I remember how badly this toy (and the Universe line in general) shelfwarmed horrifically for aaaaages. IMO the Armada TFs were already pretty bad for the standards of the day (they really paled in comparison to CR/RiD ←the line that inspired BT/ALTs & MPs). Just a few days ago I was playing with my Micron Legend Shockwave (Tidal Wave) along with some of my Classicsverse and Cybertron figures - and I consider Shockwave to be one of the best toys that Armada produced - and it really made me realise just how crap Shockwave is compared to current toys. Whereas I can play with my Beast Wars toys from the 90s and they still hold up with recent Generations toys. Just the other day I was playing with my BW Spittor and Generations Voyager Rhinox, and Spittor still holds up just fine nearly 2 decades later.

I already have a copy of this mould in the form of Jhiaxus... don't see myself wanting another version.

It's a shame that they didn't have a foam sheet on the top like their subscription toys, as everyone's Ramjet toy has blue paint rubbed off the top of the blue launchers...

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    It's a shame that they didn't have a foam sheet on the top like their subscription toys, as everyone's Ramjet toy has blue paint rubbed off the top of the blue launchers...

Sh*t! I just went and checked - I didn't even notice that until I saw your post!

One swear is allowed, as per precedence of the original movie

And since when did Universe Ramjet shelf warm? It barely stayed on the shelves here!

Biggest sad part about this is that it's the last freebie from the club

I am conflicted as too why they choose this figure, and even skywarp for the store toy. Yes it completes the set (as long as you got TakTom TC) but in m y mind something a little more G1 or SG would have made me feel better.

As for the toy itself... The grey neck piece is very floppy... But I need to go dig out "his" minicons I think

Well I found Universe Ramjet hard to find locally, and am looking forward to the Skywave repaint to complete the Armadaverse set
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!