Thread: Ongoing comic for Robots in Disguise coming

Default Ongoing comic for Robots in Disguise coming

Apparently this was announced at a comic convention last weekend, but is just filtering through the fandom now.

One of the writers has announced that they will be writing for a Robots in Disguise comic by IDW to follow issue 0 (the Free Comic Book Day issue)... but no word yet on its content (that I was able to find), or when the comic will be released, as it isn't in the May or June solicitations.

Writer - Georgia Ball
    Artist - Priscilla Tramontano

It wont be long and there will be enough distinct lines of transformers comics for me to actually have a Pull list at Kings.

I hope it's complimentary to the cartoon and respects the cartoons art style. I'll probably get it, it can't be worse than the tf/gijoe crossover series and I bought the trade for that.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I wonder if it'll be anything like the Animated comic - basically the series storyline, but in comic form

More details about the RID comic have been released, and a couple of cover images for issue 1.

According to the writer, it will be set in the cartoon universe but won't be just adaptations of episodes.

“IDW makes the distinction that while the comic series is based on the "Robots in Disguise" TV show, it's not an adaptation of the same stories. "The stories tie into the continuity the show shares with 'Transformers Prime' and what happens in the cartoon will have consequences in the comic," Ball said in a statement to CBR. "But the comic will also feature new villains and explore different themes. There will be squabbles and there will be punching, but the first arc weaves in an element of mystery and betrayal. Bumblebee has to put the pieces together and he may not get them in the right order. I like resolving subplots in one or two issues within the context of a longer ongoing story, I’m not a fan of ending an issue without getting somewhere."
    It sounds like it is being aimed at the older fans, so might be more violent and actually link to the TFPrime universe (and maybe some of its loose ends).