Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NECA's "Reel Toys": ED-209 Review

Great write-up and pics! It looks pretty good for the size and the money. The sounds are a great bonus, too.

So am I to understand Ed has no ankle articulation? It would have been nice to be able to put Ed in a walking pose.

Quote Originally Posted by King Atlas View Post
    Where is Cain?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Where's Cain? - Well I interrogated Officer Duffy rather forcibly but to little avail.
    So I wasn't the only one who read that in Peter Weller's voice

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    Great write-up and pics! It looks pretty good for the size and the money. The sounds are a great bonus, too.
    Cheers dude!

The sound gimmick is definitely a welcomed bonus, I think they could've gotten away without implementing it but it's definitely the better for being present.

So am I to understand Ed has no ankle articulation? It would have been nice to be able to put Ed in a walking pose.
    You understand correctly man, there isn't any ankle articulation whatsoever.

I think with the way the figure is, if it did have ankle articulation it would have to be comprised of a heavy-duty joint as the bird-like design of ED-209's legs present a whole suite of balance challenges.

It could be done and I'm sure it has been on the more "High End" Hot-Toys/Sideshow release, but for this line's budget & scope ankle articulation mustn't of been a priority.

So I wasn't the only one who read that in Peter Weller's voice

Mna, I wanted this guy, but by the time I knew what was going on, all the preorders had shut shop. I was hoping they'd open up after release, but sadly they did not.

Not willing to pay scalper prices on ebay either.

Great review Hursty. I'll live vicariously through your pics

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...13&mode=retail

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Mna, I wanted this guy, but by the time I knew what was going on, all the preorders had shut shop. I was hoping they'd open up after release, but sadly they did not.

Not willing to pay scalper prices on ebay either.

Great review Hursty. I'll live vicariously through your pics

nice review. did you ever get the figma robocop? that would look badass next to it.