Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: MP Bumblebee Official Pics

Quote Originally Posted by kaiden View Post
    its kinda disappointing. paying the same price as the other autobot cars but getting less. he looks so tiny and has no articulated hands/wrist swivel D:

i know the exosuit is supposed to make up for it, but...
    I agree. I personally don't think any of the MP cars have been worth paying full retail for, but as others like drifand have mentioned, pre-ordering does make them cheaper and lessens the pain. It certainly does make them cheaper than the local $100 price tag for MP cars, and arguably at approximately $50, you're paying about the same as a full priced Voyager Class Transformer. As limited as MP Bumblebee may appear to be, I'd wager that it's likely to still deliver more bang for our buck than say Age of Extinction Voyager Class Galvatron.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurmus View Post
    Someone asked me a couple of days before if it was a genuine VW beetle model. I also thought they wouldn't let their name be used on Bumblebee any more due to the whole Germany war thing.
    Since around the mid 90s VW/Porsche decided not to allow their vehicle toy licences to be associated with war. The last VW/Porsche Transformers we saw was in 1993 w/ G2 Bumblebee, Hubcap and Jazz. 1995's G2 Gobot Bumblebee transforms into a concept car that doesn't resemble a VW/Porsche vehicle. VW did allow Transformers to use the Beetle licence in 2010 for Transformers Disney Label Donald Duck, because the toy isn't associated with war. MP Bumblebee will be the first Transformer toy in 4-5 years to carry a VW licence, but also the first TF in 21-22 years to do so with a war-associated character. The MP line (and subsequently Age of Extinction) also re-acquired the Lamborghini licence which had previously been 'lost' to Transformers as well, which is why Universe/Henkei Sideswipe/Sunstreaker/Red Alert transformed into approximations of Lamborghinis rather than any exact Lamborghini vehicle.

Thanks for the info. Very interesting. If VW/Porsche approved this, you would think a Jazz may be not too far off then.

Ace is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Hi guys,

Do we know how far off this fella is from being released?

End of the week

Yep, still listed as November 29th (Saturday) on Amazon Japan, so not likely to be delayed this close now.

I'm pretty excited, I will be shipping this little guy with the Gokin Alpha Trion and the AD-31 Leader Optimus Prime early next week hopefully.

The last picture in this thread looks like more of a production version, less paint and more yellow plastic, it looks pretty clean.

now we just hold our breath for a Jazz.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Jazz is a must buy for me, I love Porsche 935 since I was a kid.

i've loved the countach since childhood so having 4 released so far is pretty nice. just need Sunstreaker and Breakdown

Just got payment request from HLJ so he is out