Page 591 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 571581586587588589590591592593594595596601611 ... LastLast
Results 5,901 to 5,910 of 10408

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Are Detolfs compulsory? It seems like so many Transformers collectors have them.

I don't know what to do with my spare room and how (or even if) I want to display my robots in disguise. But those Detolfs seem quite beloved.

When I look at them in store, they don't seem to seal shut though so I guess it's some protection against dust but not air-tightness.

Deltolfs are nice but the glass shelves are too far apart. Plus the gaps let in too much dust. Better to visit someplace that does office or store fitouts.

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    Solid, as far as I can tell (and remember), but can't be 100%.

Sounds like you're thinking of modding one? There was a mod on TFW2005 where someone put 2 together to make one large cabinet, but I don't remember it involving cutting the bars. Very curious as to what you're thinking about!
    I don't own one, hence my asking. But if the bars are hollow it would be very easy to run the wiring for lighting up the inside of the tubing to conceal it. Not so easy if they are solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Are Detolfs compulsory? It seems like so many Transformers collectors have them.

I don't know what to do with my spare room and how (or even if) I want to display my robots in disguise. But those Detolfs seem quite beloved.

When I look at them in store, they don't seem to seal shut though so I guess it's some protection against dust but not air-tightness.
    I don't knowwhether to get them or not. I saw them in Ikea and the display models looked rather shabby. Things didn't line up and they looked kind of cheap. I need to do something though...
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

They're the de-folt choice. Badoom tish
    I was considering a few, but instead i'm looking at the display cabinets you see in most stores: brushed aluminium frame, 5 ft tall, sliding doors lockable, you guys get the idea

I'd lean to more normal shelving with glass doors or some description. I have an IKEA Billy bookcase with glass doors. it does a pretty good job of keeping off the dust but it's no where near big enough for my whole collection and kitting out a room with them would be very expensive. I'd second the shop/office fit out suggestion.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Now that i think about it, I much prefer Billy over Detolf.

There's plenty of nice cabinets on Gumtree too.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I'd lean to more normal shelving with glass doors or some description. I have an IKEA Billy bookcase with glass doors. it does a pretty good job of keeping off the dust but it's no where near big enough for my whole collection and kitting out a room with them would be very expensive. I'd second the shop/office fit out suggestion.
    Hmmm. The Billys look quite good. Expensive though. The ikea site has them for $360 each. But there does seem to be a fair bit more space in them then in a Detolf.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Hmmm. The Billys look quite good. Expensive though. The ikea site has them for $360 each. But there does seem to be a fair bit more space in them then in a Detolf.
    Billies usually cost about $80 in store. Anyway...

The bookcase in the corner in this shot is a Billy.

And here's an idea of its toy storage capacity...

At the time this photo was taken, I had all my MPs, BTs/BTAs/ALTs, KPs, Alternities, Ti Series, Animated & SW Crossover TFs in my Billy (since then I've moved the KPs & Ti Series off to another shelf as I had to make more space for the more recent MPs (especially Hasbro MP10! )

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Billies usually cost about $80 in store.
    I meant the glass door ones.