Page 10 of 42 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152030 ... LastLast

Thread: Power Rangers

Well they are still rangers. If you want a good facebook page that can help your search in viewing the older series go to the Australian power ranger fans and ask, those guys are more then willing to help out any fellow ranger or sentai fan.

Another good thing is they know who may be coming down next year, they have contacts to a lot of actors and try to help the fan base arrange q&a's with the actors for the members and help promote conventions that have the actors coming down.

Ohh on anothe note, to get the original shingenker rangers a complete set will cost over $500 plus shipping because they are hard to get know.

dd someone say gokaigers?

I always thought the actress who plays the yellow gokai ranger was cute, same with my gf she thought so as well. But I must say I didn't much like the green ranger and pink ranger in this series. A mate of mine is planning on doing the gokai silver cosplay and I will hopefully be able to get a red gokai ranger suit for myself so I can do him as well.

Just to chime in on whether this thread should also include the Japanese continuities of Super Sentai/Power Rangers; I'd be all for it, as I think it could help a number of fans (Who know only the Western sides of things) to learn some things - Me included.

I don't see why it shouldn't, they are practically the same show.

Quote Originally Posted by Im_a_weiner View Post
    Ohh on anothe note, to get the original shingenker rangers a complete set will cost over $500 plus shipping because they are hard to get know.
    Yeah, I have been looking into those Figuarts figures and sadly most of those Shinkengers were Tamashii web exclusives (ie not for regular retail), making them secondary market only now. When I was gathering my Gokaijers, I think Pink and Yellow were the same price as Red, Silver, Blue and Green combined!!

Quote Originally Posted by Deceptic_Optic View Post
    dd someone say gokaigers?
    yes, yes they did

Man they are some cool figures, I was playing with captain marvellous and its just, well Marvellous! (it had to be said...)

But I must say I didn't much like the green ranger and pink ranger in this series.
    I think the Gokai pink is the one that suffers the most in Gokaijer in regards to personality. She doesn't really develop much and is pretty much the staple 'cheer leader' character. Even with the two episodes (yep just 2) devoted to her personality and origins, she doesn't really become any less 1 dimensional.

Green was my favourite character in the series I think. He is obviously the comedy relief, has a Jackie Chan way of fighting, gets a couple of episodes as the main character and actually grows as a character throughout the series. It's funny, because the whole team know that he can't really fight very well, but he has other skills and that's part of what the Gokaijers are about I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Just to chime in on whether this thread should also include the Japanese continuities of Super Sentai/Power Rangers; I'd be all for it, as I think it could help a number of fans (Who know only the Western sides of things) to learn some things - Me included.
    I don't see why it shouldn't, they are practically the same show.
    Saweeet! I find Power rangers interesting since they combined about 4/5 Super sentai shows into one, by upgrading the Zords, as opposed to starting a new series. Very cleverly done.

Well gokaiger had its own new megazord but I loved how it had aspects of the older zords combining with the gokaiger galleon megazord. But one thing I did wish it had was a proper carrier zord like titanos, I haven't seen all of zyuranger so I don't know if titanos was officially in it as all of the episodes aren't available on some of the forums I go to, but I hope it is as unloved that carrier zord more then any other.

Not really a toy but :

Started watching the first season and boy it is so 90's as ever!

Is that available in Australia? Because some friends of mine on the Australian pr fans club are considering a pr marathon night/day as I just bought a 46 inch tv, perfect to watch massive robots on lol.