Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If you lost all of your Transformers collection, where would you start again?

Prolly just the MPs, probably.....but yeah, I wouldn't restart G1. too hard, too expensive. Even ChUGUR would be the same.... so at most MPs.... though Prime 's gonna be difficult. I'd strat with Soundwave. or I may even just stop after Soundwave.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

I would collect again but mostly the new stuff.

But what three items would i recollect? Hrmm.. an impossible question

Micron Legend Starscream
    DotM Ultimate Optimus Prime
    Classics (gun) Megatron

Other figures are sentimental but these got picked because i think they are fun but ultimately flawed. That makes me pick them up, check out their engineering and begin dreaming up improvements for them. I can happily do that for hours
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

I agree with almost all of the above - it would be a massive load off my back and I wouldn't plan to start again. That said, I'm sure that even if I wan't paying attention to the fandom I'd find out that something like an Encore Powerdasher and Reflector box set or Generations Botanica or Masterpiece Lugnut would come out and it will start me up again.

I'd start agian. And I think I'd start with what I could find for a decent price and what was available now.

But that is my way of collecting older figures now. I don't really hunt things down, I am more opportunistic. That would just continue I guess.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Megatran Guest

Having only a small collection (around 250 & shrinking), this wouldn't be too much of a financial burden in relative terms compared to some members here.

However, I'll be very selective:
    The colour variants of the the G1 Optimus Prime cab moulds. It doesn't matter if your black or white (or red or green or grey or yellow or blue or orange or touch of gold).
    JP Collectors Edition reissues (luv the packaging).

Id probably just buy a few expensive afa g1 figures of my favorite toys and keep the collection tiny

If for some reason I lost everything, I'd be devastated as it would probably mean the loss of our home and my parents home....
    Like Mentioned above, a lot of my earlier collection and even my more recent acquisitions have fond memories related to them, that meaning can't be replaced, but a likeness of the item that jogs that memory, maybe.

I'd be very upset and initially I'd probably quit. pick up my bat and ball and leave.

In the long run though I'd probably work my way back in. I enjoy Transformers too much.

what would I get first, my initial 3?

*Probably an encore/reissue skids. G1 skids was my first.
    *Maybe MP-04 Prime. Still in my mind the best incarnation of Optimus Prime ever.
    *A jazz, not sure if it would be an encore/Reissue or the Generations Deluxe. if there was an MP Jazz, then it would be that.

I highly doubt I'd be able to stop there. I'd probably end up with most Masterpieces and some G1 items, thundercracker at least.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

If I lost my entire collection, I would just pick a few of the more recent MP's and that would be it.

Its taken me 28yrs to collect over 1800 I dont think that I could start again.

Same as most people here, also surprised to hear it.

I'd pick up a few favourites, and other than that cut my losses. I've picked up a lot of the TFs I was after over the past few years, and while my collection is quite modest by OTCA standards I doubt I'd want to put in the time, money, and effort to track them down again.
    That said, I would pick up a few favourite pieces. Beast Wars Transmetal 2 Megatron, Voyager Bludgeon (with the 3rd party upgrades), a G1 Predaking of some description (probably MMC's Feralcons), and maybe MP10 Optimus Prime Mk 2 are must-haves - the latter is a bit tricky since my own MP10 has a lot of personal significance/symbolism for me, but it is a nice piece and definitely 'iconic'. There's a few other TFs I'd want to get as well, somewhere around 10 to 30-odd.

Once I'm done its done, wont be repurchasing anything again, that is a lot of effort and time you could spend on something new in yo life

But if I got back into TFs I would definitely only repurchase Masterpiece Soundwave,Maketoys Green Giant and G1 Jetfire.
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion