Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FansToys FT-08 Grinder (Grimlock)

Quote Originally Posted by spiderken17 View Post
    Size is going to be one of this things strong points if it scales better with MP Prime (platform shoes just don't cut it in my mind)
    hence im waiting it out on giga, when it comes to dinos size matters, dont see much point getting ft grim if its similar in size and looks to mp

The scale is great, but I prefer MP-08's headsculpt, torso and legs better. I wish one of these companies would make Grimlock with the not-broad shoulders he had in most of the cartoon, without all the bulk.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    The scale is great, but I prefer MP-08's headsculpt, torso and legs better. I wish one of these companies would make Grimlock with the not-broad shoulders he had in most of the cartoon, without all the bulk.
    The issue is if you slim down the shoulders, you end up with scrawny dino legs. Remember the cartoon didn't have to obey the laws of physics.

Apart from being a bit small, I don't see the issue with MP-08. Yes, the gimmicks could be removed for some improved articulation but it's hardly a major problem. I mainly see all the whinging about Grimlock as an over inflated sense of entitlement

Doesn't mean I'm not getting this Grimlock though.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

From what I remember, FT weren't going to do Grimlock originally. It was because of scale issues and the Dibot line's popularity that they decided to pursue it.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    The issue is if you slim down the shoulders, you end up with scrawny dino legs. Remember the cartoon didn't have to obey the laws of physics.

Apart from being a bit small, I don't see the issue with MP-08. Yes, the gimmicks could be removed for some improved articulation but it's hardly a major problem. I mainly see all the whinging about Grimlock as an over inflated sense of entitlement

Doesn't mean I'm not getting this Grimlock though.
    I'd be all for a Grimlock that didn't have thunder thighs. They'd need to be reasonably sturdy, but smaller like the G1 toy (and thus the cartoon) would be cool.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Hmm... Looks interesting but yeah, that upper torso and head-sculpt are just a little off-model in such a way that causes one to squint huh?

I'd like to see its Beast mode, I'm curious if they'll stray to a more realistically-gated Tyrannosaur than how Grimlock is traditionally depicted - that Godzilla-esque upright posture.

Quote Originally Posted by Zechariah View Post
    My only concern is the dino head. Takara gave us a cartoon accurate head but I actually prefer the G1 toy/wst Grimlock head.
    So I'm NOT the only one!

I'm pretty sure Fans Toys will give us a dino mode that looks like Takara's (and therefore the cartoon), but I'm really hoping that Giga Power will come through with something that better evokes the G1 toy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zechariah View Post
    I feel confident the dino head sculpt will be a G1/WST toy version.
    Time will tell.

Although, my Grinder will be displayed in bot mode (so I hope they fix the shoulders to be a bit more G1 toy-like), and my Giga not-Grimlock will be in dino mode, so I still hope they continue with their toy-Inspired aesthetic.

Will be interesting to see the difference.

Grinder prototype

Which brings us to where we are today...

Exclamation

NICE!! When is this coming out?

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    Grinder prototype

I like to think "its pointless thinking about how much it costs if you really want it"....