Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Novocastrian saying hi, and where to start ?

Thanks for the advice everyone :-)

I'm going to start with Generations, and then try and pick up a few favorites. I'm keen on all the combiners and larger format. Here's hoping to a local release of Titan Metroplex soon :-D

welcome mate , if i had to start my collection fresh i'd definatly start with the generations line and also the masterpiece line its hard to pass them up imo they look absolutely amazing

Welcome!

As to your question, I can only answer while looking at my own stuff. I'm collecting Masterpiece figures (primarily the Hasbro releases, with the occasional import), I've got a few Mega-SCF figures that I'm slowly going to complete the G1 characters of, a Revoltech (once again, the remainders are what I'm slowly accruing), as well as other things that catch my eye. Right now, that includes the YOTS Omega Supreme, Amazon Unicron on the top shelf next to the Masterpieces, and the forthcoming Metroplex (since he'll be in city mode, I'm nabbing a few voyager Generations figures to display with him).

I've also started to restore/complete a G1 Galvatron. Figure'd I'd get the accessories on eBay as they come up, get some repro stickers and give him a good bit of attention. Means I can avoid buying both versions of the reissue and just eventually grab the anime coloured version.

In short? Collect what you love. I've given up on grabbing everything to complete a line and found it more wallet-friendly and better for my sanity to just grab the things that jump out at me. I'm clearing out a lot of my older non-TF stuff at the moment and that's been really interesting - figuring out what I really want to keep and what I'm happy to get rid of!

Welcome to the board!! Lots of transformers experts here with knowledge of the many many product lines. Do ask around for advice especially when it comes to authencity of the toys. I have been resuced countless times due to this forum

Look at current release and buy what u like. I buy base on pretty art on the boxes ha ha

Thanks everyone.

Looks like I'm going to stick with FoC for now, and grab generally the Voyager and Deluxe sizes that take my fancy, and the platinum's, and any combiners I can get my hands on.

Found an 001 Optimus Deluxe FoC today hidden under a shelf at a regional KMart. I took it as a sign ;-)

I'll also post in the repairs forum - I have a bunch of old G1's in need of a good clean, re-sticker, and perhaps paint in some cases. I'll need some expert advise there !

M.

Welcome to the boards! Hope you have a nice stay here.

Welcome to the boards !!!

Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

Hi,
    Welcome to the boards. To your question if i was starting fresh i'd prob go with masterpieces and tak generations figures, def mp's as i think they are heading in a great direction right now, anyway let the spark of collecting guide you

when i first started i was getting all the ones i wanted as a child like metroplex, Trypticon, devastor but it was the generation line that i liked g1 bots but with new engineering but yeah it would be a uphill battle now trying to collect them all ...but everyone enjoys g1 line and there not that hard to come by

WELL Overdue!

Greetings and Welcome to OZformers!
    Glad you've decided to join us.