Page 11 of 47 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162131 ... LastLast

Thread: US & JP Masterpiece speculations, rumours & wish-lists

I was thinking about Falcon's suggestion of Dreadwind and Darkwing, and that if the Masterpiece line reached that far, surely they'd do MP Buster and Hydra first for their market, but would international markets have as much demand for the Godmasters, or would people be waiting for Hasbro to release them as the Powermasters?

Default MP Ginrai speculation / wishlist

Say they decide to make an MP God Ginrai...

Would you be happy with an MP Ginrai that used MP10 as the non-combined truck/robot? With some modification to the grill so a Godmaster could be plugged in? Or is anime/comic accuracy more important. (Would it bother you less to a have a MP Powermaster Prime who had the MP10 robot mode?)

Would you want the cab to look like MP10 (like Ultra Magnus) even if it transforms different, or would you want it looking less realistic/more futuristic.

Would you be unhappy if MP Ginrai went straight from truck and trailer to the combined mode? (skipping the seldom used base mode and the non-combined Ginrai that no one's a big fan of anyway)?

Should the Ginrai mini-figure be able to sit inside the cab? Would you want the Godmaster port to be compatible with old Godmaster figures (like MP Soundwave and his G1 and MP tapes).

Would you buy a separate MP Godbomber release, or would you expect it to be part of an MP God Ginrai release?

And would you ignore MP Ginrai and instead wait for the toy to be released by Hasbro as Powermaster Optimus Prime (perhaps because you're a fan of Optimus and not his lookalikes?)

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Star Saber was in a cartoon....
    US cartoon and you know I meant that

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

No for me as Power master op was a complete different truck and built.

hasn't the mp line thus far gone in favour of their animation looks? I don't recall any half assed mps besides mp-02 Magnus and ghost starscream.

I'd love to see them take the approach that they have with MP-22 Ultra Magnus - Take the outward appearance of the Prime-Mover (Cab) but apply completely unique/new tooling to it.

I would probably prefer to see them take more design cues from the original toy but if more anime-accurate proportions were achieveable, I'd certainly be all for it.

I'd definitely be disappointed if it were to take the "ROTF Supreme Devastator" approach and negated the standard Ginrai state, by just going from Prime-Mover & Trailer to Super Ginrai; an exception though would be that I wouldn't miss the trailer turning into a "Base" at all.

I'd also be in favour of Ginrai's Engine/Godmaster figure not being backwards compatible as I feel it would place unnecessary engineering constraints on an already compromising gimmick - For that matter, I'd also prefer the whole "Lock & Key" side to the Godmaster/Powermaster gimmick be dropped to both further lessen design/engineering compromisation, as well as minimising the risk of one breaking the toy ala the G1 figures (Unless some sort of neutral gear, like that of the G2/BWII Autorollers, could be employed - I'd still rather it be dropped however).

Release-wise I'd expect the Takara-Tomy offering to be an all encompassing "God Ginrai" package, including:
    • Ginrai "Human" micro-figure
    • Ginrai "Engine/Godmaster" figure
    • Ginrai Prime-Mover (Cab) component
    • Super Ginrai Trailer component
    • Godbomber Trailer component/figure (God Ginrai Components)

Hasbro I'd suspect would just go for a Powermaster Optimus Prime release, including:
    • Tommy "Human" micro-figure
    • Hi-Q "Engine/Powermaster" figure
    • Optimus Prime Prime-Mover (Cab) component
    • Powermaster Optimus Prime Trailer component

At this point in time, I have far more affinity for the Japanese "Transformers: Super-God Masterforce" cartoon than I do the 4th Season of the Original cartoon, so I'd probably go for the whole kit & kaboodle - That said however; Powermaster Optimus Prime is one of my all-time favourite G1 toys, so, failing my hypothetical acquisition of the Takara-Tomy offering, I certainly wouldn't be disappointed in picking up the Hasbro release.

Great Paul, now I desperately want an MP Ginrai/Powermaster Prime even more so than I did already!

Agree with Hursti on this one
    Saved me from typing much too :P
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

There are so many other g1 toys they should do before another Prime. I am still waiting for my mp cosmos.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Damned View Post
    There are so many other g1 toys they should do before another Prime. I am still waiting for my mp cosmos.
    And I'm willing to bet you will continue to wait for,quite a while

(MP Cosmos would be fantastic!)
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

I prefer they stick first to the other car robots they have yet to issue out - Jazz, Sunstreaker, Mirage, a retool of Bumblebee mold into Cliffjumper, Hound. A myriad left to tackle and release. For the Decepticon side of things - the conehead seekers, Reflector, A decent Megatron, size equivalent to MP 10. For far too long the 3rd party Coneheads have been the only way people can get an MP version of those 3. So much early years characters yet to be tapped. I hope the MP line isn't starting to regress to it's old pattern of random character release like the first years which might signal it's decline in popularity and nosedive in sales...which would be detrimental to continuing the line They need focus!!

If they do decide to make a Ginrai MP, Ill have to see it first but Im not so compelled to PO it. Ginrai may be my first Optimus mold but I feel the MP line should have more focus in their releases and choice of figures rather than just jump here and there , even if they are still both G1 characters (in Japan)... it's still quite random or inconsistent.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]