Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jay-Jays Transformers 2-week promotion from 10Nov.

The quote reminds me of the first Starship Troopers film, while running out to attack the arachnids Johnny Rico yells out "Do you really wanna live forever?" or something along those lines

North Melbourne-bot...?

i went and asked if i could claim the poster post-promotion, and they said they arent allowed to give it away - pfft.... its either claimed by staff or its in the bin. stuff like that never gets returned...

George
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"
    --------------------------------------------------------

The store I was at when I found out about the promotion, said that they can't legally give them away - something to do with them being licensed products and not mere promotional banners (like the movie posters Hasbro gave us for that recent competition - they were in-store posters that were not for sale). If you managed to get any of the posters from a Jay-Jays, you were lucky, and that store could get into trouble for not disposing the posters. A waste yes, but that would have been the conditions given to them by Hasbro.
    It should mean that those posters are available somewhere at AUS retail, because giving them away by Jay-Jays would upset the retailers who are selling them.

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jacksplatt11 View Post
    The quote reminds me of the first Starship Troopers film, while running out to attack the arachnids Johnny Rico yells out "Do you really wanna live forever?" or something along those lines
    I think it was first said by Frederick the Great (Prussian leader) but possibly even earlier by Conan's gf.

Spotted a new Megs tee at JayJays yesterday but was in a hurry. Looked great. 'Megatron' in gothic style font on a dark blue tee.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The store I was at when I found out about the promotion, said that they can't legally give them away - something to do with them being licensed products and not mere promotional banners (like the movie posters Hasbro gave us for that recent competition - they were in-store posters that were not for sale). If you managed to get any of the posters from a Jay-Jays, you were lucky, and that store could get into trouble for not disposing the posters. A waste yes, but that would have been the conditions given to them by Hasbro.
    It should mean that those posters are available somewhere at AUS retail, because giving them away by Jay-Jays would upset the retailers who are selling them.
    Bugger.
    Was going to get the missus to go ask nicely if we could get our hands on any of the artwork, it's some really nice work.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

yeah I saw that megatron tshirt earlier this week, and a very nice Soundwave one ^^
    might pick them up on pay day.
    I was thinking of getting the back pack but it looks so cheaply made it might fall apart after a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Bugger.
    Was going to get the missus to go ask nicely if we could get our hands on any of the artwork, it's some really nice work.
    You can still ask, you might get lucky.

You can still ask, you might get lucky.
    Ive found with those things, that having cleavage helps a heap (I'm still working on mine though!) Somehow my gf manages to get Cinema posters and whatnot far easier than I ever do, no matter how nice I act.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

I scored last years 1986 TF Movie poster and its so big and awesome I love it!
    They didn't give it to me. I had to steal it when they weren't looking.....JK!

I had to compete in a fund raising auction. I 'won' the poster for $100.
    It was worth it, I would have paid $250 if I had to. That poster rocks, hard.

that G1 Megatron cardboard cutout looks awesome!!! Hope i can get my hands on it
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion