Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gen1 cartoon concept drawings by Floro Dery have surfaced

Default Gen1 cartoon concept drawings by Floro Dery have surfaced

Floro Dery is selling a signed print of his original design for Cybertron (plus its robot mode) on etsy. It would be a great possession.

http://www.etsy.com/au/listing/16867...op_home_active

so when was this scetched up? is this a concept from G1?!?!

I didn't think the concept of Cybertron transforming was entertained untill the Unicron Trilogy?
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

The sketch or concept art was from the Transformers Animated Movie back in the 80's

The art style is indeed very similar to the Autobot City concept proposal that Jim Sorenson uncovered and revealed a couple years ago.
    This was probably an early script/concept idea thrown around, to have Cybertron transform to fight off Unicron. We joke about how much a Michael Bay script changes on a daily basis, but we've seen quite a few things now that were dropped or changed in the 1986 movie.
    It's a pity the movie was done so long ago, as it would be interesting to hear from the people who went through the creation process and talk about what other ideas were proposed.

It's funny that the fandom were quite opposed at having Cybertron be a transformer (when Furman had Primus introduced in his comic as the core of Cybertron, and then when it finally happened in the Unicron Trilogy), but it was almost canon from Gen1, if this had ended up being in the movie.

That print is awesome I'm sure it will sell for more than I can afford
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    That print is awesome I'm sure it will sell for more than I can afford
    It's sold. I wonder if anyone here bought it?

I wouldn't mind getting a few of his sketches. Some great attention to detail in them.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by komikskolektor View Post
    The sketch or concept art was from the Transformers Animated Movie back in the 80's
    Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The art style is indeed very similar to the Autobot City concept proposal that Jim Sorenson uncovered and revealed a couple years ago.
    This was probably an early script/concept idea thrown around, to have Cybertron transform to fight off Unicron. We joke about how much a Michael Bay script changes on a daily basis, but we've seen quite a few things now that were dropped or changed in the 1986 movie.
    It's a pity the movie was done so long ago, as it would be interesting to hear from the people who went through the creation process and talk about what other ideas were proposed.

It's funny that the fandom were quite opposed at having Cybertron be a transformer (when Furman had Primus introduced in his comic as the core of Cybertron, and then when it finally happened in the Unicron Trilogy), but it was almost canon from Gen1, if this had ended up being in the movie.
    That's really interesting, It would be great to pick the brains of some of those creators. I think most people would be surprised just how much a movie changes between initial script and final print. Michael Bay certainly isn't on his own.

I wonder what Transformers Lore would be like today if they had made Cybertron a transformer all the way back in the Animated Movie?
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    so when was this scetched up? is this a concept from G1?!?!
    Dery doesn't have the most reliable memory (or ego), but since he was the actual concept designer of Cybertron and it's pretty much the first shot in the entire cartoon series, and he says the robot design is from 1984, it could well be from 1984. At the very latest, it would be from 1985.

Here's Nightbird's original design (now also sold.)

Seibertron has just compiled a bunch of Floro's art work.

Enjoy

http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...e-heavy/28788/

Some nice stuff there, but I particularly like the earlier, not cleaned up, versions of Galvatron, Cyclonus and Scourge looking like they actually are made from the parts of destroyed Decepticons.