Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hello there

uteiki is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Smile hello there

hi all,

Been recommended to this website so thought I like to introduce myself and say hi.

My name is Daniel and i have only been collecting transformers for the last 4 years. I remember my first G1 toy was Sideswipe. I think I probably was in kindergarten at that time. Funny thing is I still have that toy but still don't really understand how come I had a little metal human figure that came with it. Can anyone explain that to me?

Anyway growing up, there were always toys other than Transformers which I enjoyed played with. I used to really like M.A.S.K toys and Centurions and later on Starcom. I think i only had 4 Transformer toys being G1 Sideswipe, Jazz, Hot Rod and G2 Sideswipe.

I probably renewed my interest in Transformers during the last phase of the Binaltech/Alternator series when I started working.

I don't really have an extensive collection. I collect only Autobots and mainly Optimus Prime and Hot Rod/Rodimus. But well, an occasional Decepticon does creep into my collection.

Sorry for the long intro! hope to meet some other Transformers fans. Oh yah I am currently living in Melbourne

Thumbs up

Hi mate, you finally succumbed and joined!

Welcome aboard!

Quote Originally Posted by uteiki View Post
    Funny thing is I still have that toy but still don't really understand how come I had a little metal human figure that came with it. Can anyone explain that to me?
    If I recall correctly, Sideswipe was a Diaclone mold - basically piloted mecha, hence the little guy with him

Mabuhay! and Welcome to the forum. Nice you got Diaclone Sideswipe - that's pre-transformers toy!! Awesome!
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

G1 Sideswipe was my first Transformer as well. He takes center stage in my collection.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

The early Transformers were all taken from other Japanese transforming robot-vehicle toy lines like Macross, Microman, Diaclone, Dorvack, Beetras, Mechabot-1, Astro Magnum etc. etc. As Vector Prime said, Sideswipe comes from another toyline called Diaclone, more specifically from a Diaclone series called Car Robot. Sideswipe originated from a Diaclone Car Robot toy called "New Countach LP500S, specifically the red version. The toy was also available in yellow, and there was a black version that came with the Deluxe Powered Convoy set (Powered Convoy is the Diaclone toy that later became Ultra Magnus). The yellow and black versions have since been reissued as part of the Transformers line proper as Tigertrack and Deep Cover respectively.

Welcome Daniel!
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Greetings and welcome to OZFormers.

welcome aboard -
    sideswipe is a fav of mine as well -
    "I was expecting a giant car."

[COLOR="STUFF FOR SALE [/B][/COLOR]

Non-TF SALE

TRANSFORMERS SALE!

Welcome aboard uteiki.
    Soundwave superior. All others inferior!

Welcome to the forum, hope you'll enjoy your stay.