Ozformers Transformers Collectors Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Collectors Australia > Swindle's Saleyard > Ebay listings & Dealer Ads

Sightings/Sales

Old 25th December 2016, 04:08 AM
Rank 10 - Admin

Currently on sale at Amazon are quite a few Transformers, including the Platinum Edition Optimus Vs Megatron (movie anniversary) set for just US$37 plus US$18 postage to Australia.

Meanwhile, the 2016 "zodiac" Transformer (Year of the Monkey Optimus) is down yet again, for just US$30... from its original price of about US$90-100.
Old 29th December 2016, 09:37 AM
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffin View Post
Currently on sale at Amazon are quite a few Transformers, including the Platinum Edition Optimus Vs Megatron (movie anniversary) set for just US$37 plus US$18 postage to Australia.

Meanwhile, the 2016 "zodiac" Transformer (Year of the Monkey Optimus) is down yet again, for just US$30... from its original price of about US$90-100.
Damn Hasbro, when will you learn that the extremely overpriced Platinum releases will not sell. Especially if they're old redecos.
Old 29th December 2016, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FruitBuyer View Post
Damn Hasbro, when will you learn that the extremely overpriced Platinum releases will not sell. Especially if they're old redecos.
I'm surprised Hasbro hasn't pulled back with the redeco sets at super prices. No one seems to be falling for the "limited edition/special anniversary" slap on price hikes anymore. Something has to be keeping them going?
Old 28th March 2017, 07:25 PM
Rank 10 - Admin

Amazon America must be trying to copy the ToysRUs scalper model, with the Combiner Wars Liokaiser listed for US$270!!! (the other Combiner Wars boxsets retail for US$100 in America)
And the seller is definitely Amazon, not a third party seller.

I miss the old Amazon America, stocking all the new Transformers toys, so frequently that I could browse the site and make up an order of several toys to save on postage... which used to be dirt cheap (cheaper than posting across Australia).
Now, you'd be lucky to find something something new after a couple of weeks... and maybe a new Generations toy every second month.
Old 29th March 2017, 09:03 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

ditto
My tentative foray into Reviewing Movie Human alliance Characters: Coming Soon
Old 14th June 2017, 10:30 AM
Rank 10 - Admin

Just noting this here as well... the Velocitron set has just popped up on Amazon (sold by Amazon) for US$100 plus US$25 for shipping (for one).

I ordered two (one for me and one for a friend) and it came to AU$338... which is AU$170 each (the same price as in HK without shipping), and 15% less than the price it would be in Australia if ToysRUs ends up selling it here.

This unexpected, as it is supposed to be a TRU exclusive in America like everywhere else, so Amazon shouldn't be able to sell it.

It doesn't get released until June 17th (3 days time), so it will be interesting to see what happens on that date. (at least with Amazon it's not too much to worry about, because if it was a mistaken listing, or it wasn't meant to be available to export, they will refund the money quickly and easily)
Old 20th June 2017, 08:34 AM
Rank 7 - Section Mod

Got an alert that Amazon was selling COV set again, but by the time I saw the email (15 minutes after it came in), it was back to only 3rd party sellers selling (for $300US)

*waits*
Old 20th June 2017, 04:28 PM
Rank 10 - Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippo View Post
Got an alert that Amazon was selling COV set again, but by the time I saw the email (15 minutes after it came in), it was back to only 3rd party sellers selling (for $300US)

*waits*
I got an email this morning to say that my pair had just shipped, so the alert you heard about might have been a couple extras they got in with their shipment... or the Americans watching the listing jumped on it fast.

I was hoping that they would get more in too, for others here really wanting this set.
Old 22nd July 2017, 12:48 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Amazon has the Optimus/Orion 2 pack (WBC and TR mounds)

Anyone ordering a few?
Old 22nd July 2017, 12:52 PM

im keen if you are.