Thread: SDCC Transformers preview night

Default SDCC Transformers preview night

With SDCC starting in less than a day in America, the recent tradition of a preview night for invited fans and fansites has occurred again in the last hour, and images have been posted up of the toys being shown off.
    Thanks to Hasbro being more willing to show off new toys at BotCon this year that would normally be held until SDCC, we didn't actually get to see anything new at this year's preview.

In their Generations display they have all the individual figures for SkyReign, which they didn't have on display at BotCon, but we saw them revealed at the presentation.

And the RID display didn't have anything new in it either.

I think some people will feel cheated that BotCon spoiled the excitement and tease of Preview night... but we still get to see some nice photos of toys.
    At least we can depend on Hasbro revealing something new at their Presentation later in the week that they didn't want to reveal at BotCon... including the Victorion toys.

Interesting to note that Wreck Gar is listed (and displayed in the case) as a "(Sky Reign combiner)" but I have no idea how that Groove re-mould is combining with it, or am I just blind? Every other one (Optimus Maximus, Menasor, Superion, etc) show the combiner wave's noted Legends Class figure as part of the combiner.

They didn't have it combined at BotCon either... but there are a couple of holes in the chest-plate of the SkyLynx part of the combiner, so maybe there is another way that Groove can fold up to be a chest-plate.
    Or they are remoulding the toy a little to accommodate it being a different type of chest-plate but they only had a painted up Groove toy on hand at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    With SDCC starting in less than a day in America, the recent tradition of a preview night for invited fans and fansites has occurred again in the last hour, and images have been posted up of the toys being shown off.
    Thanks to Hasbro being more willing to show off new toys at BotCon this year that would normally be held until SDCC, we didn't actually get to see anything new at this year's preview.
    did they show the actual toys though? the images i could see from botcon looked like they were computer renders or something.

anyway some look pretty cool, dunno about the yellow missiles though on vortex...

[QUOTE=griffin;481157]
    I think some people will feel cheated that BotCon spoiled the excitement and tease of Preview night... [QUOTE=griffin;481157]

Boo frickin hoo, I'm sure the Botcon attendees would have rathered have a more meaty Hasbro panel at the expense of SDCC news.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    but we still get to see some nice photos of toys.
    At least we can depend on Hasbro revealing something new at their Presentation later in the week that they didn't want to reveal at BotCon... including the Victorion toys.
    I totally agree, these pictures are pretty nice. I don't know just how much of it I'm going to pick up though.

I'm very much looking forward to the coming couple days reveals.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    did they show the actual toys though? the images i could see from botcon looked like they were computer renders or something.
    anyway some look pretty cool, dunno about the yellow missiles though on vortex...
    The slideshows and official images are often computer renders, but the toys on display for SkyReign at BotCon and SDCC look to be hand-painted samples, which is expected of products that Hasbro reveals that are more than 6 months ahead of its release (that's wave 2 of 2016, so is likely to be an April release).

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    Boo frickin hoo, I'm sure the Botcon attendees would have rathered have a more meaty Hasbro panel at the expense of SDCC news.
    I was almost saying that in jest, but only yesterday I read on one of the American fansites, a person saying that they they cover the NY Toyfair each year and were happy about Hasbro not participating in the British Toyfair next year because he didn't like having other Toyfairs "leaking" images first... as if the American Toyfair is the real Toyfair, and all others would spoil his coverage of the American one.
    He didn't seem to realise that America isn't the number one country in the world for everything, and despite the NY Toyfair getting a lot of fan coverage in recent years (because the main fandom is in America and Hasbro has started using it more), the German Toyfair is actually the big Global annual event for the Toy Industry... bigger and more important than the NY Toyfair, which is only for American Retailers.

But Griffin, America IS the whole world. At least to Americans.

Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post
    But Griffin, America IS the whole world. At least to Americans.
    Not all of them though, as I have friends who are American who aren't as arrogant as others.