Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: FansProject's Crossfire Bruticus - Extensive Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    I'm sure you would have said the same thing about the first add-on kit. Don't worry, something better will follow this in the future and you'll say that again.
    If you are referring to the Superion kit, I was actually somewhat disappointed with it. It did improve the Gestalt considerably but it was still set back by the design flaws of the base toys. Some of the weapons also integrated poorly into the individual robot modes. As a result it is by far my least liked Fans Project kit.

This new Crossfire set improves all that as it essentially gets rid of the flaws of the base mold. You don't just get two new limbs but also parts that change the engineering of the gestalt for the better. The parts are also not just there for visual aesthetics but also integrate nicely into the individual robot modes and vehicles.

This new Crossfire is a very nice progression from the previous one.

I do really want it. It is an excellent upgrade kit but priced at around $120 AUD plus the base figures at $50 makes it a $170 combiner and I just can't see that much value in it.

Quote Originally Posted by SamLoi888 View Post
    I do really want it. It is an excellent upgrade kit but priced at around $120 AUD plus the base figures at $50 makes it a $170 combiner and I just can't see that much value in it.
    Actually SamLoi, that $170 price may just depend on where you were looking to purchase them from.

I pre-ordered and paid for my set from TFSource as they were applying a discount if you were to buy both the Crossfire 02-XF-02A and 02B sets in the one order.
    Individually they were $48.99USD, with the discount they were only $89.99USD with a saving of $7.99USD and with First Class International postage at $25.30USD the total came to $115.29USD or $126.37AUD as of today's exchange rate.

I hope that helps you and any others that were maybe considering picking up these figures but were put off by some retailer's markups.
    With what Fansproject have in the pipeline, the more sales they are able to get the more likely it will be that they will be able to release them.

This is one of my most anticipated items his year, simply because I pre-ordered it with a whole bunch of stuff from RK months ago and kept on getting delayed.
    Still waiting for my henkei convoy and g3 trailer

I bought the universe bruticus months ago at like 55 USD after I saw its price go up 5 USD and I thought that was really expensive but wasn't going to risk it. After that TF source vid, i checked Ebay and oh my.... insane prices now.

Can anyone tell me the price of one when it was available here locally?

-------

Despite all that, the Tf source vid just blew me away... The quality and design of FP stuff is insane and it is pricey, but I think worth it, because as much as I want it to be cheaper, there is no other alternative for such awesomeness.

However I will not make the same mistake as with the superion kit. When I started collecting it was already at 70 usd from RK-there was not much stock left. I thought it was too pricey and didn't get it, hoping for another release- didn't happen and the price now soared up to 120usd (TfSource)- that's not even Ebay price which is 150usd as of a few weeks ago.

I think unless one never wants to get one, than it would be better to get it asap at online retail price. Otherwise later it will be much too expensive, yes even a used one.

DISCLAIMER: I could be very wrong- this is just my personal opinion and experience. I will not be held liable for any actions based upon this.

Have a nice day

@ gdmetro: Universe Bruticus was sold in K-Marts and Big Ws before for around AU$50 and then Kmart had it on sale for a bit less, I got it then just out of whim, then the Crossfire set news came out and suddenly it was becoming hard to find weeks after. From time to time I see a set in some Kmart but usually a one off.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    @ gdmetro: Universe Bruticus was sold in K-Marts and Big Ws before for around AU$50 and then Kmart had it on sale for a bit less, I got it then just out of whim, then the Crossfire set news came out and suddenly it was becoming hard to find weeks after. From time to time I see a set in some Kmart but usually a one off.
    Oh man!!! Ive looked everywhere for that kit, because the only time Ive seen it was like at TRU last year, before I started collecting!!

Which Kmarts are you frequenting? Id like to know so I can sc..p get another one yeah... Im bitter about paying so much for one already. Yes I hate Ebay even more now.

Thanks for the info though.

i have one for sale, but i have an interested party, if it falls through for any reason, you can be next in line if you so desire

Quote Originally Posted by blackie View Post
    i have one for sale, but i have an interested party, if it falls through for any reason, you can be next in line if you so desire

Thanks for the offer mate.

I think Az wants that really bad, and it would be wrong to deny him it.

Quote Originally Posted by gdmetro View Post
    Thanks for the offer mate.

I think Az wants that really bad, and it would be wrong to deny him it.
    I do really want it, but if there is nothing blackie wants in trade, then that's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Actually SamLoi, that $170 price may just depend on where you were looking to purchase them from.

the total came to $115.29USD or $126.37AUD as of today's exchange rate.

I hope that helps you

Haha...nah....
    That means it's even more. $126.37 and then the 50 for the original figures brings it to $176.37 AUD