Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Toy Review - Unite Warriors Superion

I dismembered my superion back to his constituent robots last night, quite a lot of fun, the individuals have a lot of character.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Finally got my UW Superion Shipped. Glad I went TT, this guy is a thing of beauty. The plastic colours are vibrant and the paint apps immaculate with the exception of alt-mode Silverbolt which is just underwhelming. I prefer the Hasbro deco.

One pretty bad QC issue though, Silverbolt's gunbarrel has a slight camber in it so its bending upwards. I reckon the part was still a little bit warm when they tied it to the bubble causing deformation.

Well it's taken me over a month to find the time to get him out of his box and play with him.

Quite glad I got the Tak/Tom version as well as the Hasbro version. The paint apps on a lot of the bots are a lot better and the white hands and feet are a big plus. Nice little bonuses as well are the cool artwork on the box and the Aerialbots having an energon cookout in front of Metroplex on the instructions

Having both sets gives you a lot of customization options. At the moment I have Hasbro Firefly, Air Raid, Sky Dive and Silverbolt combined with Tak/Tom Slingshot and the white appendages. The other 7 are making up the new roster line up

I like the harder plastic used for the antenna on the Superion head, but don't like the mustard yellow on Silverbolt. It's too dark for the yellow on the cartoon and comic, and not gold like the original toy.

A bit late here since I received UW Superion ages ago. I must say that having him in hand is so much different from the pictures as I originally preferred the colours of Hasbro's Superion but did a 180 once I received UW Superion.

As with all things Takara, the extra cost was put to good use. I like the paint apps and colours chosen even though I previously thought it worse. The joints are tighter, which is great as my Hasbro figures has some rather loose figures. Most importantly, the hard-plastic antenna for Superion's head looks much better.