Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 102025262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Botcon 2015 - Chicago June 18-21

I forgot to copy over the details of the Panels that they released, to explain the vague titles...

Below is a short version, but the full descriptions can be seen here.

FRIDAY 19/6
    10am - PANEL Club Magazine - Pete Sinclair hosting
    11am - PANEL Filmfest - fan film submissions
    noon - PANEL Behind the Characters - Derrick Wyatt talks about Animated
    1pm - PANEL Birth of Transformers - Kojin Ono's 30+ years designing Transformers in Japan

SATURDAY 20/6
    10am - PANEL Gen1 Retrospective - Susan Blu & John Moschitta
    11am - PANEL Online Fandom - hosted by Seibertron's owner
    noon - PANEL Hasbro Product Preview - Hasbro's new toys
    1pm - PANEL Cosplay - all about fan costuming for Transformers fans
    2pm - PANEL The Japanese Perspective - Andrew Hall hosting again about contemporary Transformers in Japan
    3pm - PANEL Collector Club - by FunPub
    4pm - PANEL Frank Welker

SUNDAY 21/6
    10am - PANEL Script Reading Auditions - to select two participants for the Script Reading later in the day.
    11am - PANEL The Art of Transformers - a variety of official (comic) artists talk about their recent works.
    noon - PANEL Script Reading - The Return of Blur - Sue, John, and others.
    1pm - PANEL MegaToyCast BotCon Podcast - A live broadcast by a group of fans.

FunPub have posted up the prices of the at-show toys for this year, for people to plan ahead with.

Souvenir Set 1 (2 pack) - $89 (should be the Gen2 pair as one is a Voyager)
    Souvenir Set 2 (2 pack) - $79 (should be the Diaclone pair as both should be Deluxes)
    Souvenir Set 3 (4 pack) - $169
    (the four Deluxe Waspinators)
    Kre-O Souvenir Set (6 pack) - $29

I find it strange that the 2-packs are both cheaper than the last four years, while on the other hand, the 4-pack is a lot more than all previous 3-pack deluxes (at price per deluxe).

In recent years, prices of 2-packs have been pretty stationary at 80-something and 90-something since 2011...
    2015 - $79 (2 DLX), $89 (VOY, DLX)
    -
    2014 - $82 (2 DLX), $95 (2 DLX)
    2013 - $87 (2 DLX), $92 (VOY, DLX)
    2012 - $89 (VOY, DLX), $95 (2 DLX)
    2011 - $89 (VOY, DLX), $92 (VOY, DLX)

And as for the 3-packs that have been 3 Deluxes, the price per Deluxe used to be about $30...
    2015 - $42.25
    -
    2014 - (not 3 DLX)
    2013 - $33 (Seekers)
    2012 - $33 (Junkions)
    2011 - $29.67 (Auto-troopers - all the same)
    (2009 & 2010 were a lot cheaper as they were all the same)

So it ends up balancing out this year.

For those following BotCon by twitter, they've closed their regular account and set up a new one here as BotCon_2015.

Starting fresh for their public image I guess, so that it looks like they haven't had any issues and don't need to resolve anything now. Another question that won't be asked at BotCon.
    I wonder if they will do the same with facebook.

Prices for at show figures have been released

Pack 1) $79 (2 pack)
    Pack 2) $89 ( 2 pack)
    Pack 3) $169 (4 pack)
    Kreo 6 pack $29
    Incoming:
    Preordered:
    Recent Buys:

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    load of Bartrim manure
    Welcome to Grantmart!:
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...1496#post61496

Looks like Frank Welker is hitting the convention scene in a big way this year, as a third one (in Rhode Island in November) has just been announced, paired with Peter Cullen (like the Texas one in August).
    Kind of a shame that FunPub were the only ones who couldn't get both, or be able to afford both, as each of those other two locations are charging well over $100 just for access to those two guests (in addition to the admission price).

Americans are so lucky, as I'd travel interstate to see him at least once or twice, even at those prices... and I hope this isn't a sign of Welker suddenly doing conventions because he's retiring or has a terminal illness.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post

Americans are so lucky, as I'd travel interstate to see him at least once or twice, even at those prices... and I hope this isn't a sign of Welker suddenly doing conventions because he's retiring or has a terminal illness.
    DARK, SO DARK
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Some details about the "Transformers in Japan" Sunday panel, which is being hosted by Andrew Hall/Hydra...

I’d like to tell everyone a little about what we’ve got in store for the Japan Perspective panel, held on Saturday afternoon from 2:00 to 2:50.

The always prolific, sometimes controversial manga artist Hayato Sakamoto and I will be joined by our longtime friend Jim Sorenson. We’ll begin by talking about the interesting things going on in the Japanese Transformers scene right now, and introduce the works of some of our favorite artists. Some you may have heard of, some probably not, but all awesome!

For the remainder of the panel, I’ll interpret as Hayato discusses his experiences drawing and writing Transformers, from assisting on Kissplay (everyone’s favorite, right?) to creating Kreo and Legends, to filling in for Alex on More Than Meets The Eye... We’ll show you plenty of design work and cool things that have never seen the light of day.

For the last few minutes, we’ll take Q&A from the audience. Hayato and Jim are two of the most (if not the most) crazily TF-literate creators out there, and I’m no slouch myself, so we welcome tough or critical questions!

For the rest of the weekend, I will be hanging out at Hayato’s table, where I’ll be interpreting and chatting with you guys. Hayato will be selling some prints, and doing commissions all weekend, so feel free to come take a look (or even better, inquire in advance). This guy can draw ANYTHING. Rorza, the Rocket-cycle Racer from Rigel III? Pfft, give us a challenge! (Of course, requests for characters people actually care about are welcome, too. Especially Nickel, who he designed!) Those with questions can contact me at andrew@phase6.jp

Although I will likely be in Artist Alley for most of the weekend, for probably the last time ever, I’ve registered a dealer table with the self-explanatory name of “Hydra’s Wedding Sale.” I’ll be tying the knot this very weekend next year, so I’ve decided to let some of the crazy TF stuff from out of my closets go to free up space. A few rare things, and lots of weird junk! Even I can’t remember what’s in there, but check it out!
    Looks like some people have been sent or emailed pickup session times...

Package Pick up Dates & Times:

Golden Ticket package holders*************** Wednesday 8:30pm Mega Center

Tour or Class Participants********************** Wednesday 9:30pm Mega Center

ALL Other Attendees**************************** Thursday Night: *St. Charles Ballroom

4-5 pm: Golden Ticket package holders

6 pm:* Invoice #148 - 348

7 pm:* Invoice #349 - 549

8 pm:* Invoice #550 - 750

9 pm:* Invoice #751 –
    If they were emailed out, I didn't get it, but I already know when my pickup is.

Some details

Looks like some people have been sent or emailed pickup session times...

If they were emailed out, I didn't get it, but I already know when my pickup is.

I didn't get any email either, seeing as how I got the GT, does this mean Wednesday night?
    Incoming:
    Preordered:
    Recent Buys:

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    load of Bartrim manure
    Welcome to Grantmart!:
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...1496#post61496

Quote Originally Posted by fatbot View Post
    I didn't get any email either, seeing as how I got the GT, does this mean Wednesday night?
    Yes.
    Technically it's any time you want really, as you can go during the first session which is on Wednesday, and anytime after that.

Going back over this year's BotCon news today, this made me laugh...

Pete has posted this on TFW2005, to let us know, to not be too complacent if we want any of the BotCon toys this year...
    We tweaked quantities on the souvies as well so don't expect to see extra's in the store.
    Hehehe.... yeah, not even close.