Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Animated Activators (auto-transform is back).

Default Animated Activators (auto-transform is back).

A new gimmick range, that looks to be about Basic size and with spring-loaded transformations - press a button and the toy transforms itself to robot mode.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...n-ebay-164388/

Three shown are Starscream, Bumblebee and Bulkhead.

they seem really cartoon accurate and have a unique mechanism, i wouldnt mind collecting them
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Awesome.

I want a jumpstarter bumble bee.

Also reminds of the duocons a little too.
    ________
    No2 vaporizers
    Last edited by MV75; 11th March 2011 at 08:51 AM.

We really are going down kiddy lane here, these are for people who are unable to manage a simple transformation. The early basic BW's had a spring loaded transformation but it didn't last long. I always considered Transformers to teach some of our younger fans (and older) hand eye co-ordination and the ability to read and interpret instructions. Completely lost on spring loaded gimmicks.

It's about getting their foot in the door, so to speak. The Animated toyline looks to have toys for a greater age range of kids, which would hopefully draw them into collecting more of the regular toys. Animated has paralled itself to Beast Wars in a number of ways - it is essentially resetting the demographic target to a lower age, and aim to grow up with them over 3-5 years - releasing more complex toys and more mature storylines. Beast Wars was the same, the early toys were very simplistic and some were even auto-transformers, while the cartoon itself in the first year was very kiddie focused, colourful and almost cutesy.
    The Animated Activators aren't aimed at anyone over the age of four, but it 'brainwashes' those under 4s into thinking and talking and demanding Transformers for the next 6-8 years. A bit like Happy Meals and kids parties at McDonalds - they aren't aimed at adults, but they hook in the kiddies with a small meal and toy (with little profit) so that they can reap in a lifetime of sales later when they grow up later and only think of Mcdonalds when wanting fast food.
    Try not to think of the Activators as toys that would be of any interest to us collectors, and instead evaluate them for their purpose and target demographic. Compared to Movie Slammers, at least the Activators have articulation and more accurate modes.

With the way Hasbro writes their instruction manuals, I dont blame them going out and making springformers for the young ones again.

These guys look pretty good to me, I'll probably skip them myself due to money saving more than anything else, but they could make good presents to young tackers who arent quite old enough to start school.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    With the way Hasbro writes their instruction manuals, I dont blame them going out and making springformers for the young ones again.

These guys look pretty good to me, I'll probably skip them myself due to money saving more than anything else, but they could make good presents to young tackers who arent quite old enough to start school.
    Hey I did say interpret the instructions

its funny, kinda what supreme roll out prime is like but you have to roll him to get him transformed.
    pity theres no real "leader" prime..

Pretty cool, unless there are some dedicated activators only characters I'll skip them, except at chrissy, Ithink they'll make great charity presents for less fortunate children, spread the TF love!

Agreed. They're shooting themselves in the foot by making characters where there are better versions available. (-_-) Sure, original Rattrap and Terrorsaur were flipchangers, but those were the only versions of those characters available so it's not like they had any competition!