Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Michael Bay Not Planning to Direct Transformers 5

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    I kinda feel sorry for Michael Bay, he clearly wants to do something else but he's now the 'Transformers Guy' who nobody is willing to hire. I guess thats his punishment for his part in these travesties of filmmaking.
    Maybe that's why he set up a movie company, so that he can still sit back and produce (fund) movies, without having to worry about the non-Transformers movies he directs doing good or bad.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    It's another Michael bay piece of s**t. I can't believe people keep going to his movies. 20% on RottenTomatos ain't good. And it only has a $65 mil US box office. TF4 might have snuck by to a billion because apparently the Chinese are idiots that like crap movies but I doubt TMNT will. When I go to see a movie I expect the quality of a Marvel movie for my money, not a piece of crap.
    Here's the thing. The 20% rating on RT? Does't matter. $65m opening was 35% higher than the studio estimated a week earlier. It's called over performing. Have a read over at Box Office Mojo - it's a great website for the realities of the industry ($$$ not creativity). http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=3889&p=.htm

I'm not saying AOE wasn't utter shite. I'm not saying DOTM and ROTF weren't utter shite. And I'm not saying that, if I see Ninja Turtles, I won't think it's utter shite - it's highly likely I will.

What I'm saying is that people actively watch Michael Bay's movies and pay regularly to do so. His films make money for the most part. He delivers on time, on budget, a product that makes money. He's criticproof, in the sense that critics do not deter people going to see his films. He is an asset to Paramount.

He may be a hack, a jerk, and have the narrative sense of a dachshund, but he is, fiscally-speaking, a keeper.

Did you see TF4? Did you see TF3? Did you see TF2?

If so, you're part of the problem you're complaining about.

And if you didn't, or you enjoyed dropping the $20 (or whatever) on a ticket for it, good on you. Enjoy it.

As for the quality of a Marvel movie? Go see a Marvel movie. It's not like there aren't enough scheduled for the next few years. I've enjoyed 'em all (well, except The First Avenger, but it wasn't terrible!). If you go in to all movies expecting Marvel quality, or hold that studio on a pedestal, eventually you'll see them tank with something - it just doesn't look like it'll be anything soon. Right now, I'm just enjoying the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Maybe that's why he set up a movie company, so that he can still sit back and produce (fund) movies, without having to worry about the non-Transformers movies he directs doing good or bad.
    He also got to do Pain & Gain, a film that would have barely broke even, but he did it on a small budget (for him) and with the backing/release/P&A of a major studio behind him. For making $1billion off $200million (while no doubt getting paid handsomely for it), he also got $26m (realistically, after Prints and Advertising, $50m) of the studios money for something he really wanted to do.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    It needs an entire reboot following G1 and not killing off important characters.
    I am not saying the movies so far are bad but it is not the cartoons where we live by. Optimus hardly ever killed anyone.
    i'm glad that they've changed. "Decepticons, retreat" gets old real quick & if i wanted a G1 flavoured movie, i'd just watch the original cartoons.
    As for the deaths, nobody is going to care much about about a background character that gets one in the head if they have no lines & just standt here

No. No reboots. Reboot is a horrible word look where it's gotten DC and it's "New 52." Just move forward in new direction.

Smint is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by millhouse View Post
    As for the quality of a Marvel movie? Go see a Marvel movie. It's not like there aren't enough scheduled for the next few years. I've enjoyed 'em all (well, except The First Avenger, but it wasn't terrible!). If you go in to all movies expecting Marvel quality, or hold that studio on a pedestal, eventually you'll see them tank with something - it just doesn't look like it'll be anything soon. Right now, I'm just enjoying the ride.
    Nothing wrong with wanting a TF movie with same polish as a marvel movie.

When a 200 million dollar budget movie has storylines and characters worse than a 3o year old cartoon that its based, there is a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by 1orion2many View Post
    We can only hope but I'm sure it's just a hollow promise
    Yeah, he taunted us with not returning for 4. Maybe we'll be lucky with a hear attack, lol
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

So what's the bet if Bay does retire from Transformers and we all celebrate, until they get Brett Ratner, M. Night Shyamalan to replace him?
    Last edited by Lord_Zed; 14th August 2014 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smint View Post
    Nothing wrong with wanting a TF movie with same polish as a marvel movie.

When a 200 million dollar budget movie has storylines and characters worse than a 3o year old cartoon that its based, there is a problem.
    I don't disagree - right now, Marvel are spinning shit into gold (seriously, who knew of GOTG a few years ago outside of hardcore comic fans?).

If TF4 was a bomb, you'd see changes. You think anyone writing the cheques is going to think any different? I'd be listening to the sounds of $1billion being counted, rather than the fanboys complaining?

I sometimes wonder though, if the G1 cartoon was based on the concept of selling products to kids, it makes you wonder - would a TF live action movie be any better if they just made the damn toys first? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    So what's the bet if Bay does retire from Transformers and we all celebrate, until they get Brett Ratner, M. Night Shyamalan to replace him?
    Uwe Boll is the only suitable candidate to fill Bay's shoes