Thread: Sending Money Using Paypal

Question Sending Money Using Paypal

Hey guys, how do I send money using paypal without being charged an extra fee? They have many options like personal, goods or gift etc. Does anyone know what I have to choose so they don't deduct the transfer???

Quote Originally Posted by blackoptimus View Post
    Hey guys, how do I send money using paypal without being charged an extra fee? They have many options like personal, goods or gift etc. Does anyone know what I have to choose so they don't deduct the transfer???
    I believe that sending funds as a gift avoids any fees but I'm not entirely certain this is the case for both ends of the transaction or just the one.

Sorry man , Jaydisc would be the guy to ask on this one IMO.

Its a one off I mark things as gifts. If you do are multiple transactions to the same address and mark them as gifts then you can expect a email from paypal OR some kind of account restriction.

If you choose Personal payment, you have the option to cover the fee yourself. If you then FUND the transaction with a credit card, there's a 2.4% fee. If you FUND from Bank Balance or Bank Transfer, there is no fee. IF the transaction goes across borders, there is a 1% fee regardless of funding type.

I have a USA and an AU Paypal account and regularly shuffle money between them (to fund US iTunes purchase for example). I always choose Personal -> Payment Owed, fund from my bank account and only pay the 1% cross-border fee. It has never drawn Paypal's ire.